JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I want the 2021 F150's new reclining sleeper seat!

It would be fantastic for charging sessions or camp mode. They put a lot of thought into this!

The MME does not even have any inclining feature... would love that feature

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I want the 2021 F150's new reclining sleeper seat!

It would be fantastic for charging sessions or camp mode. They put a lot of thought into this!

Awesome. Good think Tesla doesn't have this or we'd have even more sleeping FSD reports.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This is a screen shot for UK spec RWD ER. It would seem oursvdo.
Ford Mustang Mach-E max recline seats Screenshot_20201117-064227_Drive
these are the same as the US spec. Note that they have fore-aft motion, but not fore up-down tilt, aft up-down tilt. This has been pointed out (with disappointment) previously :(

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have to correct myself - my comment was related to rear seats. agree that the front seats recline.
I could have sworn that the rear seats had the same kind of manual recline that my escape does?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
How far do the front seats recline? I didn't think to check... Mark? lol

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I could have sworn that the rear seats had the same kind of manual recline that my escape does?
Would be great if they did but did not see that anywhere

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
How far do the front seats recline? I didn't think to check... Mark? lol
I checked this - did not measure per se but typical of front seat recline I would say. I sat in it and used the setting to adjust the seat - it was confounded with me trying to adjust the seat height as well - will have to check again this Saturday (I am planning to see the Mach E again at a local dealer road show)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I checked this - did not measure per se but typical of front seat recline I would say. I sat in it and used the setting to adjust the seat - it was confounded with me trying to adjust the seat height as well - will have to check again this Saturday (I am planning to see the Mach E again at a local dealer road show)
Raising and lowering the seat was easy. As I've indicated elsewhere, they lift and angle at the same time in a very intuitive way.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Didn't try. I'll try to remember tomorrow!
Could you please double-check on the rear seats and see if there's a recline lever on them? I'd be very surprised if there wasn't as a recline lever is pretty standard on all Ford SUVs these days. They'd almost have to deliberately NOT raid the "Ford parts bin" for seat mechanisms if the rear seats don't have a recline function. (Let's be honest, if you look carefully, you will see a lot of stuff from the "Ford parts bin" lurking in the Mustang Mach E (except for normal power seats - go figure :rolleyes: ))

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Could you please double-check on the rear seats and see if there's a recline lever on them? I'd be very surprised if there wasn't as a recline lever is pretty standard on all Ford SUVs these days. They'd almost have to deliberately NOT raid the "Ford parts bin" for seat mechanisms if the rear seats don't have a recline function. (Let's be honest, if you look carefully, you will see a lot of stuff from the "Ford parts bin" lurking in the Mustang Mach E (except for normal power seats - go figure :rolleyes: ))
Yup needs to be checked but I am assuming the specs would have mentioned it if they recline. But again the specs may not be all correct... for example the Ford website model comparison have same language for premium and FE for side mirrors but we know the FE is color matched.

I do remember the Ford rep showing me how to fold the rear seats and the location of the fold latch but he never mentioned recline lever... again he was not comprehensive just answering my questions.
Sponsored