PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
I live in Houston and we get some pretty heavy rain with some frequency. I don't know why, but the Mach-E's maximum wiper speed is slower than in every other car I've owned. The speed actually makes me uncomfortable in heavy rain because there's a long time that rain just sits on the windshield before the wiper does its job.

Is there a way for Ford to increase the maximum wiper speed via software? Or do I need to see if someone can replace the motor? And does anyone else agree with me here?
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I live in Houston and we get some pretty heavy rain with some frequency. I don't know why, but the Mach-E's maximum wiper speed is slower than in every other car I've owned. The speed actually makes me uncomfortable in heavy rain because there's a long time that rain just sits on the windshield before the wiper does its job.

Is there a way for Ford to increase the maximum wiper speed via software? Or do I need to see if someone can replace the motor? And does anyone else agree with me here?
Sorry to hear that. Did you try the various setting configurations from the manual? I can adjust mine to be pretty fast.

If it is not, hopefully someone from @Ford Motor Company can assist. You should message them directly.

Wipers.jpg

OP
OP
PrimeFuture

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. Did you try the various setting configurations from the manual? I can adjust mine to be pretty fast.

If it is not, hopefully someone from @Ford Motor Company can assist. You should message them directly.
Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with the wiper speed options. Even when in position D 'maximum' it is not nearly as fast as my 2013 Ford Focus or any other car I've ever owned.

Maybe I should run this by the dealership and see if something is just weird with my Mach-E. Haven't ridden in any others to see how fast theirs are at max.

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
X2. In my previous post about a PAAK issue, I drove home in a thunderstorm and noticed that the wipers on "high-speed" were not fast enough to clear the windshield as well as my other vehicles (Prius,F150). I'm guessing that this not a software issue but a mechanical design problem.
SimS
Sponsored