superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
At the Maxwell, CA rest-stop, Caltrans has a free 50k BTC charger. I attempted to charge several times, and could never get it to initiate. Looking on plugshare reviews, I noticed that a few other Mach-E owners also had trouble (while most other cars had no problems). I called the support number on the screen, but it was not in service. Anybody else try to use this charger?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
At the Maxwell, CA rest-stop, Caltrans has a free 50k BTC charger. I attempted to charge several times, and could never get it to initiate. Looking on plugshare reviews, I noticed that a few other Mach-E owners also had trouble (while most other cars had no problems). I called the support number on the screen, but it was not in service. Anybody else try to use this charger?
Your car probably needs the OBCC update. Ford fixed comparability with some of these chargers.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Add me to the club! Not specifically maxwell but rest stop (caltrans) chargers...

We have that same charger at work and it never activates for me. Assumed they set something that kept employees from using it until I found that same charger at a rest stop and it kept giving a charging fault when I attempted. I tried 5 times and had no luck. Plug share gave it a 10\10 rating and only one other mach-e was on the list that was unable to charge. I am aware of a charger module update which I hope fixes the issues but wanted to join the conversation and hope someone has a fix. I hate not being able to get free watts.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Add me to the club! Not specifically maxwell but rest stop (caltrans) chargers...

We have that same charger at work and it never activates for me. Assumed they set something that kept employees from using it until I found that same charger at a rest stop and it kept giving a charging fault when I attempted. I tried 5 times and had no luck. Plug share gave it a 10\10 rating and only one other mach-e was on the list that was unable to charge. I am aware of a charger module update which I hope fixes the issues but wanted to join the conversation and hope someone has a fix. I hate not being able to get free watts.
Yup, if you haven't gotten the OTA yet, take it to the dealer and ask for the OBCC update. That should fix it if the Mach-E is the only EV the charger doesn't work for.

OP
OP
superdave80

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Yup, if you haven't gotten the OTA yet, take it to the dealer and ask for the OBCC update. That should fix it if the Mach-E is the only EV the charger doesn't work for.
Any way to tell if my OBCC software is up to date?

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Lee, If I recall correctly you are EA member and that OBCC update has been pushed to EA members. Is that true? I would like to get it fixed but if the EA members are getting it I would prefer to avoid the dealership and wait a bit.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Lee, If I recall correctly you are EA member and that OBCC update has been pushed to EA members. Is that true? I would like to get it fixed but if the EA members are getting it I would prefer to avoid the dealership and wait a bit.
It's been pushed in the 22-PU0603-DC-CHG OTA, which I think is general release rather than EA only? I flashed it manually a month or two ago before I got an OTA for it. It could be a month or two before you get it, so that's fine if you want to wait.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I just received 22-PU0603-DC-CHG via OTA this morning

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I received the update Friday and tested out the charger at work which my car was unable to activate on prior (same type of charger listed above) It activated and charged.
Sponsored