Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey , BMW 320i
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
For those of you who still can't get the button to even present itself to turn on the PaaK, I finally got help today from Ford that worked.
1) Go to Ford Pass APP, open vehicle tab and remove vehicle
2) On the main car screen, open the car tab upper left, open settings, open "connectivity" tab, open "connected vehicle features", and TURN OFF "share vehicle data".!!
3) Now, add your Mache back to to Ford Pass Ap using your VIN #.
4) At the option, I chose "clear old settings" but I'm not sure if this is absolutely necessary........this is where the "set up Phone as Key" tab finally showed up!!!!!
5) Now, on main screen turn " share vehicle data " back on, and press the PaaK acceptance key. The rest was easy and it has worked fine all day.
6) GOOD LUCK!
Ford Mustang Mach-E May have new solution to PaaK problems. mache
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
the docs pasted by @SnBGC said something about up to 48 hours to have the car pick up the setup. I wonder if turning the cloud sharing off/on like this triggers an immediate check-in.

a lot of systems do that so it's a reasonable guess I think?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
For those of you who still can't get the button to even present itself to turn on the PaaK, I finally got help today from Ford that worked.
2) On the main car screen, open the car tab upper left, open settings, open "connectivity" tab, open "connected vehicle features", and TURN OFF "share vehicle data".!!
4) At the option, I chose "clear old settings" but I'm not sure if this is absolutely necessary........this is where the "set up Phone as Key" tab finally showed up!!!!!
5) Now, on main screen turn " share vehicle data " back on, and press the PaaK acceptance key. The rest was easy and it has worked fine all day.
6) GOOD LUCK!
I had trouble getting ADD PAAK button to show in FordPass app as well.

Removing vehicle from FordPass and re-adding wasn’t enough. Never tried toggle of Share Info.

However I had success after removing phone pairing from Sync4. Removed vehicle from FordPass, then re-added, establishing connection with the car before I paired the phone. This created two Bluetooth connections. One for FordPass, a second for CarPlay.

Originally I had paired phone during test drive. Didn’t add vehicle to FordPass until after purchase.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
6) GOOD LUCK!
Well, even though I get the button, I tried this. Still no go. I get almost to the end, and then this (I am sitting in the car)
Ford Mustang Mach-E May have new solution to PaaK problems. 43DEA9C4-43C0-45C8-9ECD-E87E837D2626

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I tried all of above and did not work for me until I removed FordPass app from my phone and installed again.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I tried all of above and did not work for me until I removed FordPass app from my phone and installed again.
Trust me, I have done just about everything I can think of except stand on my head and wiggle my ears while doing it. I even reset the car to factory settings. Mine just refuses to work, and I am waiting for a call back from a Ford Tech expert.

pohdyb

First Name
C.W.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Occupation
Programmmer
Country flag
6) GOOD LUCK!
Ford Mustang Mach-E May have new solution to PaaK problems. 43DEA9C4-43C0-45C8-9ECD-E87E837D2626
Wow, this actually worked for me! I had to delete the car from the FordPass app for myself and my wife. When I tried just my own phone it didn’t work

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired engineer
Country flag
I kept getting down to the Copy and Continue step ending with Connection trouble, too. Finally got escalated to a real tech. He was able to read trouble codes in my ME from his desk (without using a scanner in the car!). Turns out that my modem between the AT&T cellular module and the Sync4 system is bad and probably needs replacing. Guess that means a spa day for the ME (I'm taking it in to the dealer Tuesday).

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I kept getting down to the Copy and Continue step ending with Connection trouble, too. Finally got escalated to a real tech. He was able to read trouble codes in my ME from his desk (without using a scanner in the car!). Turns out that my modem between the AT&T cellular module and the Sync4 system is bad and probably needs replacing. Guess that means a spa day for the ME (I'm taking it in to the dealer Tuesday).
Hopefully not my problem.

I have tried just about every thing suggested on these forums. Always get to the bluetooth code part, and says bad connection. I will try that turning data off, see what happens. Its starting to get very annoying, almost a month with it and one of the key features I bought it for.

MMECR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach E, '06 Mustang,'92 Mustang GT 5.0
Country flag
Used the above suggestion along with two full vehicle resets and now phone as a key is working. Just hope it lasts.
Sponsored