Maybe some of these Sync features in the F-150 Lightning will come to the MME

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle went through the Sync menus in an F-150 Lightning. Some of the stuff relates to towing, so wouldn’t apply to the Mach-E. But a few things stood out to me as things that might make their way to the MME, such as a bigger 360 camera display, a one-time charge limit setting, and the ability to turn off the double honk warning.

Sponsored

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Looks good.. but I want to have an RV Flat Tow capable truck... I've not seen any indication it will be allowed as recreational / RV Tow..

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Watched this and it seems like most of these things should come to us, too. When he went to the Update Software screen it showed an “update now” button like the Mach Es on 2.3 have. There must be enough overlap on the Lightning and Mach E Sync teams that the software will eventually “sync up”.

Or the two vehicles will have software like Android phones do and be completely and utterly different for no apparent reason.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looks good.. but I want to have an RV Flat Tow capable truck... I've not seen any indication it will be allowed as recreational / RV Tow..
No, in fact Ford specifically says not to flat tow the Lightning. There are forums and threads for that discussion, though.

The other thing the F-150 has is better system monitoring, like battery and motor temperatures.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just disabled this last night using Forscan. So much better.
Yup, this change has improved my quality of life. But there are a lot of people that aren't going to use FORScan, so the ability to make this change through the Sync menu would be welcome.
Sponsored