cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Anybody have suggestions or ideas about how to attach the big fugly HOV lane sticker?
The State requires it to be within 1' of the plate and it cannot be on the rear glass. I'm not excited about dicking up the aesthetics of my pony's beautiful rear end but I do want to use the HOV lane on 270.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Buuuummmmpp
Just got our stickers yesterday and have been working with Karen @ vehiclepermitholder.com

NOTE - the bracket they have for the MME would require a bottom hole/screw, which we do not have.

The work around is to use double face gorilla tape in place of the bottom screw.

I will be attempting the install this weekend. More when I do.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
These stickers will come off eventually without ruining the paint. I placed mine just to the right of the tag. Last one I took off just needed a bit of goof off to get the residue. Not a big deal. I've also used 3M tape in the past. Easier to remove. I don't mind the look, but I have grow used to it since I've had stickers for multiple years. That said, they don't even enforce the HOV lanes at all in Maryland, so it really isn't even needed.

OP
OP
cravacor

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
These stickers will come off eventually without ruining the paint. I placed mine just to the right of the tag. Last one I took off just needed a bit of goof off to get the residue. Not a big deal. I've also used 3M tape in the past. Easier to remove. I don't mind the look, but I have grow used to it since I've had stickers for multiple years. That said, they don't even enforce the HOV lanes at all in Maryland, so it really isn't even needed.
Good point, I have never heard of someone getting busted for driving in the HOV lane. I really don't like putting stickers on my car, especially the painted surfaces. I rarely, if ever, would use the US-50 HOV lanes and since traffic has been getting back to normal recently I have been staying off 270. I have the sticker in my glovebox. In case I do happen to get pulled over I suppose showing it may give me mercy. Also, just read that the fine is $90 plus 1 point, I thought it was much more severe. I think the sticker will stay in the glovebox for now.

OP
OP
cravacor

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Just got our stickers yesterday and have been working with Karen @ vehiclepermitholder.com

NOTE - the bracket they have for the MME would require a bottom hole/screw, which we do not have.

The work around is to use double face gorilla tape in place of the bottom screw.

I will be attempting the install this weekend. More when I do.
I just peeped their website, in the photo of the blue Tesla, it doesn't even look like the permit holder is in stalled, is it that stealth?

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag

kouretu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2021 Select with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology
Country flag
I've not noticed until recently that MDOT restarted to issue HOV stickers to plug-in vehicle owners. but this time it costs $5.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anybody have suggestions or ideas about how to attach the big fugly HOV lane sticker?
The State requires it to be within 1' of the plate and it cannot be on the rear glass. I'm not excited about dicking up the aesthetics of my pony's beautiful rear end but I do want to use the HOV lane on 270.
I used a piece of scrap plastic, mounted in a rubber license plate holder, with the sticker started to the plastic. No damage to the Mach E in use or removal. I’ll post photos when I’m back home at my computer.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I found a sheet of HOV Sized PPF stickers. (Amazon)

Stick the HOV Sticker to the PPF, wet the back and put it on your bumper/where it belongs.

Mine has been on for 2 years with no issues.

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Just looked up a picture of the sticker . Wow you aren't kidding ....fugly . The cops can't just count to 2 or more and ticket anyone with only 1 person in the car ????
Is there another perk for/from this sticker use ?
Sponsored