? Meet "Mach N Cheese" my Cyber Orange GTPE ?

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Woo hoo! So fun, it’s like the best Christmas present ever. We got our look alike last week! I ordered my Cheeto license plate. Wave if you see us! 25 miles from San Jose.??‍♀
We will do the secret wave when we see each other. Just be prepared, California DMV claims the pandemic and its shortages mean it'll take you 6-9 months to get your custom plate. :-(
Sponsored

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That looks really nice! How much did the coating work set you back? I’m in the Bay Area and considering getting ceramic coating for my MME when it finally gets produced. :)
Front end PPF, headlights, mirror caps, gloss black pillars with the door buttons, rear door edges where you touch to open rear door, plus a full car polish and 4-year ceramic coating for $4,000. Itemization:
-- $3200 for their base PPF package, but they didn't realize how challenging the GT was on the fender flares, so they said it would cost an extra $200
-- + $200 for 4-yr ceramic
-- + $200 for headlights / mirrors
-- + $200 for door sills, pillars
They debadged for free :)

Took them 4 days, and they did a check after 2 weeks, fixed some very minor stuff which is normal with PPF. They are definitely not the cheapest but of all the shops I pinged, they seemed to be good to work with, responsive, did good work from what I saw. The guy who did all of the work has a Shelby GT350 and had really good attention to detail. Example: the car came with black gunk on it from its trials in the Mexican parking lot and various trains it was on to get to me, and they did a great job of cleaning it up as best as could be done and letting me know about it.

They told me they just did another MME GT in Cyber Orange right after mine, so they now have more experience on them.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Woo hoo! So fun, it’s like the best Christmas present ever. We got our look alike last week! I ordered my Cheeto license plate. Wave if you see us! 25 miles from San Jose.??‍♀
Just saw the video, how cute is that!
well I tried for the Cheeto license plate one last time and it wasn’t available again , so I opted for a silly ❤My GTPE . ?‍♀?

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just saw the video, how cute is that!
well I tried for the Cheeto license plate one last time and it wasn’t available again , so I opted for a silly ❤My GTPE . ?‍♀?
Thanks everyone -- yes Aiden is pretty cute and loves riding in his seat in Mach N Cheese. Road trip #2 to LA this weekend. I have some GoPros now so I'm going to try and vlog the experience charging on the pre-holiday travel weekend on I-5....

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Front end PPF, headlights, mirror caps, gloss black pillars with the door buttons, rear door edges where you touch to open rear door, plus a full car polish and 4-year ceramic coating for $4,000. Itemization:
-- $3200 for their base PPF package, but they didn't realize how challenging the GT was on the fender flares, so they said it would cost an extra $200

Took them 4 days, and they did a check after 2 weeks, fixed some very minor stuff which is normal with PPF. They are definitely not the cheapest but of all the shops I pinged, they seemed to be good to work with, responsive, did good work from what I saw. The guy who did all of the work has a Shelby GT350 and had really good attention to detail. Example: the car came with black gunk on it from its trials in the Mexican parking lot and various trains it was on to get to me, and they did a great job of cleaning it up as best as could be done and letting me know about it.

They told me they just did another MME GT in Cyber Orange right after mine, so they now have more experience on them.
$3800 for PPF? Jesus Christ mine was literally less than half that and they did a great job.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Beautiful, wonderful car and great way to exit the grumpy thread. I hope your son has a very enjoyable Brazilian GP this weekend and Max Verstappen can get ever closer to the WDC. I'm old enough that our oldest son, Bill, is a Jos Verstappen fan!

Now, enjoy the hell out of your car! Your patience has paid off. Congratulations. ?
It was certainly an eventful Brazilian F1 weekend --
$3800 for PPF? Jesus Christ mine was literally less than half that and they did a great job.
4 year ceramic too. I'm guessing you might not live in the same area as me.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
@scoopman thanks for listing your price and providing feedback. The car looks great. I am waiting on my car, which is identical to yours. Nice to see what mine will look like in about 4 plus months. I have yet to see a cyber orange MME here in the Bay Area, seen blue, gray and red. I was also considering Alphawerks. Having input from someone who has had their car done by them is another data point. Nice to know that they have done at least two of them and have experience. I will ask for the "guy with the GT350" to do my car.

When reached out to Alphawerks their cost breakdown was a bit different but they wanted $4100 for about the same thing. I will probably have them put PPF on the rocker panels to prevent the typical road chipping, on the rear bumper near the lift gate and on the front top portion of the roof. Trying to hit all the areas that get seem to get hit with rocks. I check with other places like Dynamic and Elite, in San Jose, and they are about the same or just a little more expensive.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Angeles Crest Highway in SoCal today was really beautiful. Very few cars and the Mach E has plenty of grip. Wasn't able to get it in unbridled extend however...

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Meet "Mach N Cheese"  my Cyber Orange GTPE ? PXL_20211122_121133044

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Meet "Mach N Cheese"  my Cyber Orange GTPE ? PXL_20211122_121133044

After waiting since placing a reservation in December 2019 (longer than the gestation period of an African bush elephant), I present to you "Mach N Cheese!"

Here was my son seeing it for the first time when I picked him up yesterday from daycare:

I'm going to periodically post to this thread some of our experiences and adventures with this warm bowl of blistering fast comfort food.

First up next week, some mods:
custom PPF on whole front + 5-year ceramic
Uniden R7 radar detector hardwire
BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus front and rear dashcam
Alcatel internet hotspot

... and some other stuff I'll add later on. I'm planning to install all of the electronics myself so I'll write up my parts list and experience.

First road trip planned in 2 weeks!
Good looking ride, hope you are enjoying it! Wait, I know you are!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Meet "Mach N Cheese"  my Cyber Orange GTPE ? PXL_20220131_183259921

After waiting since placing a reservation in December 2019 (longer than the gestation period of an African bush elephant), I present to you "Mach N Cheese!"

Here was my son seeing it for the first time when I picked him up yesterday from daycare:

I'm going to periodically post to this thread some of our experiences and adventures with this warm bowl of blistering fast comfort food.

First up next week, some mods:
custom PPF on whole front + 5-year ceramic
Uniden R7 radar detector hardwire
BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus front and rear dashcam
Alcatel internet hotspot

... and some other stuff I'll add later on. I'm planning to install all of the electronics myself so I'll write up my parts list and experience.

First road trip planned in 2 weeks!
Congrats on your new Mach-E! Love the name.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
FINALLY my custom plate showed up (only 7+ months after I ordered it)!

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Meet "Mach N Cheese"  my Cyber Orange GTPE ? PXL_20220415_004532393