First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Cool video. Curious to see Dave Pericak reveal that not every software/firmware component is OTA updatable. Interviews late last year had promised that they all would be, especially interviews with Darren Palmer. So now I'm wondering what exactly didn't make the cut.

Anyway, small thing... Possibly the main new piece of info from this video.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think he might have been hedging his comment a bit. My impression was that every module that matters is what is updatable.

My takeaway was the separation between the driving dynamics team and the hardware team. Basically, the hardware team took the platform to the Mustang team who subsequently tuned it til it drove like a Mustang.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Cool video. Curious to see Dave Pericak reveal that not every software/firmware component is OTA updatable. Interviews late last year had promised that they all would be, especially interviews with Darren Palmer. So now I'm wondering what exactly didn't make the cut.

Anyway, small thing... Possibly the main new piece of info from this video.
Darren Palmer was the only person I heard say everything. Early on I also heard the "nearly everything". My guess is certain things like the thing that deploys air bags or something isn't updateable. I wonder how hard it is to OTA update stuff that comes from 3rd party suppliers bought in bulk?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Or perhaps they are hedging just in case someone asks if something odd, like say the keyfob is OTA updatable.
Sponsored