Michelin announces new Pilot Sport EV

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
It seems like the "rollout" of these tires is going slower than anticipated. I can't find the single size that's available anywhere near me, or in the three largest metro areas in the US.

Combined with the 20k warranty, I worry these may not be delivering as expected.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It seems like the "rollout" of these tires is going slower than anticipated. I can't find the single size that's available anywhere near me, or in the three largest metro areas in the US.

Combined with the 20k warranty, I worry these may not be delivering as expected.
Supply chain issues where impacting tires so more than likely a case of the initial amount of people wanting these is going to be far lower than other lines hence a slower roll out with manufactures probably prioritizing.

Even within other brands that make specific EV tires there isn't exactly a large amount of choice at the moment add in the fact that compared to most other EVs Ford decided to use section widths across the range that are more appropriate for bicycles :( it will probably be a while until there are more direct EV tire replacement options unless you get some different wheels.