First Name
Mike
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
I just threw these on my 3 today. Wow. I bought them because Consumer reports was gushing over them. I have to say I agree with them. Great wet and dry traction observed. CR claims "Very Good" snow and ice traction. Very quiet. The rolling resistance is outstanding! On a 16 mile circuit driven twice, I exceeded the EPA economy figures. The double circuit has a total of almost 1000 feet climbed. A mixture of wet and dry roads & freeway and city driving. Multiple stops to run errands. Driving normally with the heat on, 50 degrees F, I saw an average of 255 Wh/mile. EPA figures 280. This was a massive improvement over my Alpin 4As and a moderate improvement over the original tires. BTW, I have non-aero aftermarket 18" wheels. I can't wait to check range on a long freeway drive; I fully expect to see a big improvement over stock.

Quiet, economical, comfortable ride and great performance. (Not up to the Pilot AS3+ standards, but better in everything but high performance driving.) I highly recommend these tires for an EV.

P235/45R-18

Badgeringweasel

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camry Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks for the review! I had been looking at these based on the CR reviews since I knew I would need something special for the Wisconsin winters on my RWD Mach-E. I wonder if they have the right size for the 19" Premium wheels?

OP

Nak

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Thanks for the review! I had been looking at these based on the CR reviews since I knew I would need something special for the Wisconsin winters on my RWD Mach-E. I wonder if they have the right size for the 19" Premium wheels?
Thanks!

The biggest rim size for the Cross Climate+ is 18". However, Michelin makes a cross climate SUV tire that comes in 19" and 21" rim sizes. The tread looks identical to it's smaller brother, but I have no idea if it performs as well.

BTW, after more time with the CC+ tires I'm just as happy as I was originally. I'm averaging the same efficiency with them on aftermarket rims as I was getting with the stock rims with the aero hubs installed. So now I have nice looking wheels and good range. :)

mark360

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I just threw these on my 3 today. Wow. I bought them because Consumer reports was gushing over them. I have to say I agree with them. Great wet and dry traction observed. CR claims "Very Good" snow and ice traction. Very quiet. The rolling resistance is outstanding! On a 16 mile circuit driven twice, I exceeded the EPA economy figures. The double circuit has a total of almost 1000 feet climbed. A mixture of wet and dry roads & freeway and city driving. Multiple stops to run errands. Driving normally with the heat on, 50 degrees F, I saw an average of 255 Wh/mile. EPA figures 280. This was a massive improvement over my Alpin 4As and a moderate improvement over the original tires. BTW, I have non-aero aftermarket 18" wheels. I can't wait to check range on a long freeway drive; I fully expect to see a big improvement over stock.

Quiet, economical, comfortable ride and great performance. (Not up to the Pilot AS3+ standards, but better in everything but high performance driving.) I highly recommend these tires for an EV.

P235/45R-18
Thanks, I need new tires for my Model 3. I'll likely be putting those on. I have the 18" Aero Wheels. Stock Michelin's only last about 20-30k