Michelin CrossClimate 2 as year round tire?

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT convertible
Country flag
I have a MME GT Performance coming the week of 10/25. I plan on taking the Pirelli summer tires off immediately. I am considering the Michelin CrossClimate 2 and probably run them year round.
Anybody have any experience with this tire?
Sponsored

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I Googled for this tire, but apparently the weight load is different (not XL). I don't understand anything about tires so I'm not sure if we can use it

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I have a MME GT Performance coming the week of 10/25. I plan on taking the Pirelli summer tires off immediately. I am considering the Michelin CrossClimate 2 and probably run them year round.
Anybody have any experience with this tire?
I had these on my previous EV and they were very good tires and MUCH better than the stock on that car. They had good wet traction and handling. I can't speak to ice or snow.

They also wore very very very well. 30k miles on them and could barely tell.

I will say that I am swapping my summer tires for winter, which I do on my Audi every year as well. I'll be getting either of these:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...CORWXLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...PZWXLNF0&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Last edited:

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have them on my Acura RDX. They are not going to give you enough traction to be happy on a GT/GTPE. Get a performance oriented A/S if you aren't going to go for a full out summer tire.

OP
OP

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT convertible
Country flag
I had these on my previous EV and they were very good tires and MUCH better than the stock on that car. They had good wet traction and handling. I can't speak to ice or snow.

They also wore very very very well. 30k miles on them and could barely tell.
I like the sound of that! My wife will be most of the driving of the MME, so I want something that will keep her out of trouble.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I agree with @Mach E JT that those tires are not performance oriented. On fast starts off the line they would struggle. But I personally liked them in wet weather better than the Scorpions on my Audi.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
The GT has too much torque for the all-seasons it came with and it cannot properly put its power down. There is noticeable wheel spin and I also feel it on the steering wheel too. This car needs sporty summer tires. If I lived in a cold place I would keep the summer tires as long as possible and just put winter tires when the winter start.

p.s. I came from another EV with similar power and that had the amazing Michelin 4S summer tires and the difference the tires make is very noticeable.

Last edited: