Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My stock michelin Primacies feel like they are made out of ice...that's how slippery they are. I can't wait to get rid of them.

danielespy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD-ER Star White, Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Sorry guys, but in Europe, at the moment, Pilot Sport EV Tires are only for 20" wheels....too big for MME

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Sorry guys, but in Europe, at the moment, Pilot Sport EV Tires are only for 20" wheels....too big for MME
How is that too big? The default size for GT is 20", and I think all models are capable of 18" to 20".

danielespy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How is that too big? The default size for GT is 20", and I think all models are capable of 18" to 20".
At the moment there is no evidence about the possibility to use OEM 20" wheels on normal MME (not GT)..... saturday I am going to test MME in Rome as part of Ford Italy presentation event...I will ask more information!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
At the moment there is no evidence about the possibility to use OEM 20" wheels on normal MME (not GT)..... saturday I am going to test MME in Rome as part of Ford Italy presentation event...I will ask more information!
What evidence that you can't?

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be releasing smaller versions in the near future regardless.

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Allthough offtopic here according to several Dutch dealers the original 19inch AWD rims will not be delivered as upgrade as per FORD HQ they are NOT allowed to be fitted on an RWD. Reason: homoligation for the RWD has only been done for 18inch in the EU

They stated this counts for all of the EU, not only the Netherlands. The latest Dutch accessoiry list also states with the 19inch rims that they can only be fitted on vehicles which came equipped with 19inch from the factory.

This all being said, I'm 99% sure 19 inch and 20 inch will fit fine. I intend to fit it with 20inch aftermarkets but would like to be 100% sure. I'm not bothered with paper restrictions due to a fool forgetting to mention the bigger rims on the EU homoligation but would like to avoid the 1% chance it's not allowed due to technical reasons.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
According to a neighbor who owns a string of tire stores out here, BEV tires wear about 30% faster than an ICE vehcile.
Given the heavy weight and the skinny tires on the MM-E, I can believe this.

danielespy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Allthough offtopic here according to several Dutch dealers the original 19inch AWD rims will not be delivered as upgrade as per FORD HQ they are NOT allowed to be fitted on an RWD. Reason: homoligation for the RWD has only been done for 18inch in the EU

They stated this counts for all of the EU, not only the Netherlands. The latest Dutch accessoiry list also states with the 19inch rims that they can only be fitted on vehicles which came equipped with 19inch from the factory.

This all being said, I'm 99% sure 19 inch and 20 inch will fit fine. I intend to fit it with 20inch aftermarkets but would like to be 100% sure. I'm not bothered with paper restrictions due to a fool forgetting to mention the bigger rims on the EU homoligation but would like to avoid the 1% chance it's not allowed due to technical reasons.
You are right....this morning I had a test drive in Rome as part of Ford Italy official presentation of MME and they said that omologation is 18" for RWD and 19" for AWD!
At the moment no news about 19" for RWD and 20" for both!!

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
You are right....this morning I had a test drive in Rome as part of Ford Italy official presentation of MME and they said that omologation is 18" for RWD and 19" for AWD!
At the moment no news about 19" for RWD and 20" for both!!

bummer, so now we have to figure out if it's technical or pure an error from Ford with the EU homoligation.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Where the heck are these tires? Iā€™ve been waiting for them and havenā€™t seen them for sale in any size anywhere in North America

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Michelin released their first EV tire here in the US on the first of this month. They are only available in the 255/40/20 size for now and more will follow later this year.
Sponsored