First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Just a heads up for buyers in Michigan:
The state surcharge/tax we are being slapped with for not using gas is currently $140 annually. The fee is not prorated based on when your plates are due for renewal. So, you will pay the fee upon delivery and then again annually at plate renewal time. Not bad if you just recently renewed plates a couple months ago. Will really suck if you are due for renewal shortly after delivery.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yup: The plates for my Bolt cost the same as for our RV: $300/yr.

I had the C-Max Energi when this law went into affect. Fortunatley my re-up date is early in the year so I renewed the C-Max in December and at least avoided the "tax" for 1 year.

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
I wonder... I currently drive a Focus Electric and am transferring the plate. Electric taxes already paid for for this year. I wouldn't imagine that I'd have to pay again seeing that it's already paid. Then, I'd just pay like usual when I renew in July. Does that seem right? Or am I looking at this wrong?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I wonder... I currently drive a Focus Electric and am transferring the plate. Electric taxes already paid for for this year. I wouldn't imagine that I'd have to pay again seeing that it's already paid. Then, I'd just pay like usual when I renew in July. Does that seem right? Or am I looking at this wrong?
You are not looking at it wrong: All you should have to pay is for the plate transfer.