Michigan DTE Energy Subscribers! Great news!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
now we need you to talk to every other electric company, everywhere, and have them do the same thing ?

(also it's very hard not to make a very specific Star Trek: The Next Generation reference to "Kevin Uxbridge" here but I resisted)

codeGR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge Titanium, (on order) 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
I wish Consumers Energy would give us EVSE rebates

suliban

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Technology Director
Country flag
Not for the Ford Connected Charger if that is what was asked.
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, the Ford charge station is not on our approved list of charging stations. This is due to the fact that we do not have the necessary network agreements for Consumers Energy to connect to their network. The PowerMIDrive Program has data sharing agreements with Enel X, ChargePoint and Siemens. In order for a charger to be eligible for rebate, it must be a model that is networked through one of those three network service providers.

You can view the complete list of approved charging stations, here.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

The PowerMIDrive Team

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Consumers Energy: Then don't install the Ford Connected EVSE. Frankly it doesn't really offer any perks more than some of those approved ones on the list.

If you're looking for that extra little "speed" it offers check into the approved ones it is possible that one or more offers a similar rate.

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
FYI:
-----------------------
Hi Joe,

For the $500 Charging Forward rebate, you are required to go onto one of three Time-of-Use (TOU) rates that DTE offers. Two of them (D1.2 and D1.8) change your whole house onto that rate while another (D1.9) requires the installation of a second meter dedicated to your EV. Details on those rates can be found here. DTE does not control when you charge but the pricing on those plans incentivizes you to charge overnight.

If you do not want to go onto a TOU rate, you can still be eligible for a monthly incentive through another program that DTE offers. Details on that program can be found here.

Thank you.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
FYI:
-----------------------
Hi Joe,

For the $500 Charging Forward rebate, you are required to go onto one of three Time-of-Use (TOU) rates that DTE offers. Two of them (D1.2 and D1.8) change your whole house onto that rate while another (D1.9) requires the installation of a second meter dedicated to your EV. Details on those rates can be found here. DTE does not control when you charge but the pricing on those plans incentivizes you to charge overnight.

If you do not want to go onto a TOU rate, you can still be eligible for a monthly incentive through another program that DTE offers. Details on that program can be found here.

Thank you.
I'm ready. Bring on D1.9 for my second meter!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Michigan DTE Energy Subscribers! Great news! 1605547581628

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
now we need you to talk to every other electric company, everywhere, and have them do the same thing ?

(also it's very hard not to make a very specific Star Trek: The Next Generation reference to "Kevin Uxbridge" here but I resisted)
Yeah, start with your neighbor to the South, Ohio. Two of us would appreciate it.

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
:rolleyes: Oh well, what else can we expect from Xichingan . . .
I mean, you have like, corn, Cedar Point, and King's Island. I guess you have the rock and roll hall of fame, but not much else. Oh, and Ohio State. ?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I mean, you have like, corn, Cedar Point, and King's Island. I guess you have the rock and roll hall of fame, but not much else. Oh, and Ohio State. ?
Don't forget the Pro Football HOF in my hometown, Canton.
Sponsored