theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Make that the Great Appalachian Desert. I bet you that will be the dead last area to get filled in....

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Going to Nags Head in a couple weeks from Northern Virginia. I don't think SMOKE is making the trip though. Taking two cars anyway to accommodate our dog, but we'll see what gas prices are like then.

OP
OP
Woeo

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Going to Nags Head in a couple weeks from Northern Virginia. I don't think SMOKE is making the trip though. Taking two cars anyway to accommodate our dog, but we'll see what gas prices are like then.
Two carloads with dog implies a long stay at a house which might be manageable, but I wouldn’t risk a scenario that included the possibility of a hurricane that could require immediate evacuation. My number to OB was going up to Corolla so you might make Nags Head with 120 miles from Newport News.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Two carloads with dog implies a long stay at a house which might be manageable, but I wouldn’t risk a scenario that included the possibility of a hurricane that could require immediate evacuation. My number to OB was going up to Corolla so you might make Nags Head with 120 miles from Newport News.
Well, it's really Corolla. Not to worried about a hurricane that early in the season. Not really sure I want the car exposed to the beach air and sand anyway.

I've been told I take better care of the car than my family. I'm okay with that. ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I suppose that, for emergency purposes, one COULD toss a small generator in the front trunk, like that joke video that was published, if you were worried about getting to a charger. Another thought is to look to see if there are any Ford or Lincoln dealers along the route. Even if they’re not EV certified, I’d find it hard to believe that they’d turn you away if you pulled up in a Ford BEV low on charge and asked if you could plug in for a while (they may not have 220V tho).

OP
OP
Woeo

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I suppose that, for emergency purposes, one COULD toss a small generator in the front trunk, like that joke video that was published, if you were worried about getting to a charger. Another thought is to look to see if there are any Ford or Lincoln dealers along the route. Even if they’re not EV certified, I’d find it hard to believe that they’d turn you away if you pulled up in a Ford BEV low on charge and asked if you could plug in for a while (they may not have 220V tho).
There are many L2 chargers along the way. Even the 110 would give you 75 miles if you had a day to wait. I made the map to show that there are so many areas that can’t be done on a day trip, weekend at the condo, or emergency return without hassle. A grandmother in Evanston Ill. is hard to visit. Sometimes 80% is not enough. #FreeTheCurve
Sponsored

Last edited: