Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This thread reminded me. We were hoping to by an EV last year but then, COVID and we weren't driving much.

But one year ago today I took delivery of my electric lawn tractor! I was replacing a lawn tractor with a snow plow and I wanted a tractor so I could also use it to plow.

Absolutely love the tractor! Plows better than my good old Craftsman tractor. Had to plow when it was quite cold - teens - worked like a charm and only used 3% of the battery in the 45 minutes it took to plow. Starting a gas rig in the cold is a lot harder. Electric drive slipped less too.

Tom

Ford Mustang Mach-E Might as well expand my EV universe 1620912546278
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My push mower and hedge trimmer are both GreenWorx and share a common battery platform (40V Li-ion). I plan to build on that as the need arises. Looking at a chainsaw now.

Sorry I missed your previous thread. It was before I joined this forum!
No issue. If they aren't current they get buried and sometimes search misses some things.

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Hmm. There is something lost in translation here. 3kwh battery, 40 amp EVSE max 7.2 kw would imply closer to 30 minutes for full charge. What am I missing here.

3 kwh in 1 minute 10 seconds would imply ~ 180 kw charging speed which only the Taycan can mange at present w/ 800v battery!
My math is bad today....you're closer than I am! 40A x 240V = 9.6KW. (40A delivered on a 50A circuit). So about 20 minutes.....

Need more coffee!

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
My math is bad today....you're closer than I am! 40A x 240V = 9.6KW. (40A delivered on a 50A circuit). So about 20 minutes.....

Need more coffee!
But first coffee....

Does this mean we won't get our 1 minute charge! I demand my 1 minute charge and need it right now. NOW!! I will then park it in my garage overnight.....

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
3kWh battery....would fully charge in slightly more than 1 minute. ?
Just because my EVSE puts out 48amp, doesn't mean the mower would use it all. I just want one plug to charge everything!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Some places maybe, But my HOA this year banned solar panels. So I don't see them pushing electric anything here. ?
The HOA might want to consult their attorney on such a ban. They’ll almost assuredly lose in court.

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Update: This mower has a serious design flaw. The rear gauge wheels are too close to the outside of the mower deck. It's impossible to turn a tight radius around an obstacle without the wheel hanging up. When I tried to mow around my first tree, the wheel caught and I bent the wheel mounting bracket. I've since removed that wheel and will give it another try - if the rain ever stops!

I'd hate to have to take my torch and welder to a new mower deck, but it may come to that.
Sponsored