Might be best to avoid iOS 15 beta for now...

grigsby

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD extended battery
Country flag
EDIT2: Sadly, this fix stopped working, and my iPhone isn't able to connect to Bluetooth on the car. But I just figured out that rebooting the phone restores connectivity. It seems like iOS 15 beta still has some Bluetooth issues that cause problems with PaaK.

EDIT: AjzRide's tip (below) about disabling Siri and rebooting the phone seems to have fixed this issue. Thank you!

Just a head's up -- if you're one of those "early adopter" types, it might be best to resist installing iOS 15 beta for now. It seems to have completely broken PaaK for me. Bluetooth won't connect at all, no matter what I do. I've even removed the key, but can't re-install it because Bluetooth won't re-connect to the car. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trouble to downgrade back to iOS 14.x.

If anyone else has had any luck with iOS 15, please let us know!
Sponsored

Last edited:

AjzRide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
Try disabling Siri, rebooting, then reenabling Siri. Doesn’t seem related, but it fixed all of my connectivity issues last time I had a similar problem.

OP
OP

grigsby

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try disabling Siri, rebooting, then reenabling Siri. Doesn’t seem related, but it fixed all of my connectivity issues last time I had a similar problem.
Well, that's definitely a weird fix, but it seems to have worked! Thanks for the tip!!

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
EDIT: AjzRide's tip (below) about disabling Siri and rebooting the phone seems to have fixed this issue. Thank you!

Just a head's up -- if you're one of those "early adopter" types, it might be best to resist installing iOS 15 beta for now. It seems to have completely broken PaaK for me. Bluetooth won't connect at all, no matter what I do. I've even removed the key, but can't re-install it because Bluetooth won't re-connect to the car. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trouble to downgrade back to iOS 14.x.

"early adopter" types ! LMAO you mean every Mach-E owner???

OP
OP

grigsby

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I was thinking the very same thing when I wrote that. :)

Ah well, as I mentioned in my edit in the original post, I seem to have lost Bluetooth connectivity to the car again. Rebooting the phone seems to restore connectivity, but it may require having to reboot every few days or so. Bummer. I'll have to decide if I want to downgrade to iOS 14.x or just use the key fob until the next iOS 15 beta comes out and see if it's any better.

Last edited:

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I've experienced bluetooth errors with an iPhone 12 pro max, but it is a weird one. It only happens when a system upgrade happens and then goes away after a power cycle. I honestly think there is some type of voodoo going on with Apple's radios in iOS. Please note that this is happening in iOS 14. I'm not brave enough to put 15 on my phone, but am trying this on an iPad.

RedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
EDIT2: Sadly, this fix stopped working, and my iPhone isn't able to connect to Bluetooth on the car. But I just figured out that rebooting the phone restores connectivity. It seems like iOS 15 beta still has some Bluetooth issues that cause problems with PaaK.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been on the developer beta since WWDC. No abnormal issues with PAAK since I’ve taken delivery three weeks ago.

OP
OP

grigsby

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For what it’s worth, I’ve been on the developer beta since WWDC. No abnormal issues with PAAK since I’ve taken delivery three weeks ago.

That is an interesting data point. Thanks. I'll keep messing around with it and see if I can isolate the issue.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Thank You for reporting on this. I have been a beta tester of new iOS’s since iOS 4, but I skipped this one for this exact reason. If you don’t roll back to 14 can you keep us updated on how 15 shakes out as new builds come out?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yea - I started experiencing PaaK issues when I installed the dev preview after WWDC. A reboot fixes it temporarily (for about a day).

I moved to the public beta once it was out and still have the same issue.

For now I've just started restarting my phone in the AM if I'm driving the Mach-E that day, and it works out.

I'm having the PaaK update done this Friday (I had decided not to have the dealer do it, since I didn't have too many PaaK issues, but I'm getting another FoB programmed so figured I'd have it applied too). After that's done I'm going to re-do my PaaK. Curious to see if that does anything with the iOS 15 issues.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just wanted to update anyone running or thinking of running the iOS 15 beta.

I've had 100% success with PaaK if I toggle airplane mode for a few seconds each morning. Much easier than rebooting the phone.

I meant to see if PaaK would work this morning before I toggled it, but did it out of habit before I got to the garage.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just wanted to update anyone running or thinking of running the iOS 15 beta.

I've had 100% success with PaaK if I toggle airplane mode for a few seconds each morning. Much easier than rebooting the phone.

I meant to see if PaaK would work this morning before I toggled it, but did it out of habit before I got to the garage.
Apple evangelists Always Be Selling, amiright? ?

Nice try, but I'm gonna stick with Android for now. No reboots required*. Google Assistant gets to decide when I'm allowed to drive and when I'm too silly for the road.

* this might not be true