Mike Levine has magic powers

P Dub Mod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, 2018 Audi S5, 2007 Infiniti M45S
Country flag
The 10/11 build group has already heard my tale of woe when I picked up my GT ten days ago. After promises of no ADM, no packs, I was told as I was inspecting my car that there would be $1592 worth of mandatory packs, take it or leave it. I took it, telling the sales manager I planned to complain all the way up the chain. Which I did, reaching out to Mike Levine, asking for 1. my money back, 2. an apology and 3. a recommendation for a dealer that I could trust when it came time for service. Lo and behold I just got a call from the general manager of the dealership. He's sorry about the "mixup", would I take a check for the $1592, and he hopes that I will think enough of them to come back to them for future service. I'll post again when the check arrives, but I didn't think anyone could pry that dough out of the dealer after they had cashed my check. Mike Levine rules - and he can even make things happen after the play seems to be over. Thought this info might come in handy to others on this forum.
Sponsored

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
The 10/11 build group has already heard my tale of woe when I picked up my GT ten days ago. After promises of no ADM, no packs, I was told as I was inspecting my car that there would be $1592 worth of mandatory packs, take it or leave it. I took it, telling the sales manager I planned to complain all the way up the chain. Which I did, reaching out to Mike Levine, asking for 1. my money back, 2. an apology and 3. a recommendation for a dealer that I could trust when it came time for service. Lo and behold I just got a call from the general manager of the dealership. He's sorry about the "mixup", would I take a check for the $1592, and he hopes that I will think enough of them to come back to them for future service. I'll post again when the check arrives, but I didn't think anyone could pry that dough out of the dealer after they had cashed my check. Mike Levine rules - and he can even make things happen after the play seems to be over. Thought this info might come in handy to others on this forum.
Glad it worked out for you. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Good that FMC made things right.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yeah, I pinged him a few times on Twitter and never got a response to get an MME at MSRP with no ADM. Which is funny, because I kept tweeting him while he was constantly saying it is so easy to get one at MSRP, just ask him for help! Well, I finally messaged him on Instagram and he put me in touch with a Ford Exec who called a dealership and made it happen. Super lucky. Wish I did it for a GT PE instead though...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Maybe he can fix the out of whack ordering process. People waiting 8 to 12 months are getting bumped by those who ordered a few weeks ago.
I was in that boat. There are still people who reserved in 2019 who do not have their MMEs. Something needs to be done to fix that whacked-out reservation and prioritization process. ??

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I was in that boat. There are still people who reserved in 2019 who do not have their MMEs. Something needs to be done to fix that whacked-out reservation and prioritization process. ??
It is just plain wrong for this to happen!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Ok, what’s a pack? In this context.
I think those weird addons. Like, my dealer had a mandatory door etching so they can find your car if stolen, $1k. Fabric protection, $1k. Door jam protection, $1k.

Some have LoJack, paint protection, etc. all kinds of lame stuff that they say they "applied" and can't remove so you have to pay for it. Their cost is basically nothing on all of them, that's how they make their big bucks.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think those weird addons. Like, my dealer had a mandatory door etching so they can find your car if stolen, $1k. Fabric protection, $1k. Door jam protection, $1k.

Some have LoJack, paint protection, etc. all kinds of lame stuff that they say they "applied" and can't remove so you have to pay for it. Their cost is basically nothing on all of them, that's how they make their big bucks.
$1K for etching? OUCH! My dealer threw etching in for $299 so I didn't even raise a question about it. ?‍♂?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Why not? Did you consider it a $299 donation to your dealer?
Pretty much. They treated me so much better than the dealer I bought my Fusion from I don't care about the $300. If it was much more than that I would have questioned it though. ?‍♂?

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Pretty much. They treated me so much better than the dealer I bought my Fusion from I don't care about the $300. If it was much more than that I would have questioned it though. ?‍♂?
It's worth zero dollars so should be questioned at anything above that.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag

Refuse to pay for that crap, inform everyone in the executive branch at Ford about the situation, and contact your nearest TV station's "investigative reporter" about the situation...

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Refuse to pay for that crap, inform everyone in the executive branch at Ford about the situation, and contact your nearest TV station's "investigative reporter" about the situation...
Oh, and stand out in front of the dealership, handing out descriptions of your stealership screwing. And let your local TV station know when you'll be available for an interview, in front of the dealership (I shot local news at an early point in my career).
Sponsored