Mileage drop in less than month

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Lead foot club member, checking in. I just can't get enough of that awd grip and instant torque.
Sponsored

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
By accident I charged to 100% last night. Here is my present range predition. Doubt that I will achieve that but it is encouraging

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage drop in less than month 1687EF39-83DC-4251-B2C2-BFDC8BBB3ECF

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Even slight drop in temps drops range, and any use of the car's heater sends it down as well. Ford even recommends using heated seats and steering wheel instead.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
My GOM used to be damn spot on, I was one of the few that had a very good meter. Now, however, I live in a "higher elevation" area and driving down hill one way and up hill the other. The GOM is all over the place, I don't think I've seen a range higher than 250 since moving up here.
But you have to love the 20 plus kw per mile on the trips down.

spgordon57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Hey, everyone:

Bought my 2022 Premium eAWD Standard Range less than a month ago. LOVE IT! Drove it off the lot with 224 miles. No real cold weather here in Delaware yet and not running the heat or air like crazy. My target range at 100% is now down to 189 miles. I know I've read on this forum that it may just be what it is, but is there any explanation for this? It's lost 15% of its capacity in less than a month. Is this normal? Seems like a really dramatic drop to me in only one month.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage drop in less than month 1687EF39-83DC-4251-B2C2-BFDC8BBB3ECF
This is probably the most popular topic on this Forum. Yes there are several reasons you're not getting the hoped-for range, as explained by the other responders. However Ford is also to blame because the range indicator or "Guess-O-Meter" ("GOM") is absolutely worthless. For my car Its calculating algorithm produces range estimates that are consistently 15% to 20% off of reality, even when factoring in aggressive driving habits, hills, cold weather etc. A better way to estimate your range is to go into the Trip function, find the actual miles per kwh, and multiply that number by your accessible battery capacity, e.g. 91 kwh for a MME Premium AWD extended range model. So, if you're getting 3.0 miles/kwh on your Trip meter, your range on a fully charged 91 kwh battery should be 273 miles.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I love this time of the year.
I used to like this time of the year. Then the day you wrote that I got my fall propane delivery. 30% higher than last year. I now prefer summer. :p
mine is down to 280 with the chilly rain and my lead foot
You get 280? Feather foot! We have no freeways and my GOM shows 210 winter, spring, summer, and fall. Volcanoes FTW!

Last edited:

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
A better way to estimate your range is to go into the Trip function, find the actual miles per kwh, and multiply that number by your accessible battery capacity, e.g. 91 kwh for a MME Premium AWD extended range model. So, if you're getting 3.0 miles/kwh on your Trip meter, your range on a fully charged 91 kwh battery should be 273 miles.
And you need to add two additional adjustments - first, the stated battery capacity is not the same as the capacity at a lower temperature - according to CarScanner I lost about 10% already, and it's still above freezing temperature. Second, 20% - 30% of the battery energy is used to heat up the cabin (it's probably less percentage-wise for an extended battery, but similar kWh loss). Setting departure time and plugging the car every time should help, but not to the summer level range.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
By accident I charged to 100% last night. Here is my present range predition. Doubt that I will achieve that but it is encouraging

16hours on charger you must be using different NH electrons than me. Mine ER premium is showing me this on this cold night and currently charging. 75 highway mils a day does not help my number fooling at 75-80 ground miles per hour

A4CB83B1-D7CE-41EA-B0E0-D8315B474ABC.png

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
16hours on charger you must be using different NH electrons than me. Mine ER premium is showing me this on this cold night and currently charging. 75 highway mils a day does not help my number fooling at 75-80 ground miles per hour

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage drop in less than month A4CB83B1-D7CE-41EA-B0E0-D8315B474ABC
Time on charger is not the same as amount of time spent charging. I recently spent 12 hours and 40 minutes plugged in, but total time charging was only 7 hours.

hprose

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250 and a Mach-e on order
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hey, everyone:

Bought my 2022 Premium eAWD Standard Range less than a month ago. LOVE IT! Drove it off the lot with 224 miles. No real cold weather here in Delaware yet and not running the heat or air like crazy. My target range at 100% is now down to 189 miles. I know I've read on this forum that it may just be what it is, but is there any explanation for this? It's lost 15% of its capacity in less than a month. Is this normal? Seems like a really dramatic drop to me in only one month.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage drop in less than month A4CB83B1-D7CE-41EA-B0E0-D8315B474ABC
Check your trips in Ford pass. Is your braking score near 100. Is your driving score 95 or over. If not - well that will do it.

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag

It was really only 8 hours of actual charging but the charger was plugged in for 16 hours. My driving was not highway and not 75 to 80 and the weather was 70 degrees. The stars aligned and I got the highest projected miles ever. At 80% charge I have been seeing 240 miles but with the cold weather that will now decrease significantl. My electrons are just normal electrons.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
But you have to love the 20 plus kw per mile on the trips down.
I get an increase of 2% going down the hill where I live at.

Though once it gets warmer we will see those numbers again. @85% I was getting 200 mi plus/minus
Sponsored