Pyrene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona
Country flag
Finally the important thing is to know if the front trunk will be delivered on the Mach-E.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just heard that those numbers are off an SR battery pack.
.................................................................................................................This is just a fun rumor I'm starting. I've filed official confidential paperwork proving it.
Uses a lot of wall juice 101.2 Kwh "Recharge Event Energy (kiloWatt-hours) 101.2" . 88/101.2 or 14% lose sounds reasonable. You would not want to start sucking that much power out of your home to charge the standard battery. Or is the paperwork linked in the OP and still up on the EPA web site the rumor? Maybe we should not start a wall efficiency rumor at this stage ;).

I understand what is posted on EPA was ran early to get paperwork done (different test directive) and Ford may be having a hard time getting paperwork through now a days. Can understand why. They say their car is going to met the estimates and I believe them. Normally the truth is told when time will tell and this is Ford. 94/88*270 could be 290 OTA ? with a modest final increase may be more. The articles get nastier; hard flame to put out. As usual we are all OT on this thread anyway.
This is still going?
Need a post from our Mexican friend.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Etymologically speaking, that would be spelled Froot.
Etymologically you are absolutely correct. However zoologically speaking it is probably a Pouch.
Every time I hear "froot" Robin William's high-pitched voice from Mrs Doubtfire pops into my head: "it was a drive-by fruiting!"

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
This is still going?

batman.png
We’re just getting warmed up.

This week we have 40 hours of EPA emissions certification training planned (via Zoom of course for our safety). Next week we each get assigned one chapter of the Federal Emissions Law and have to report back to the team our findings.

Expect another 30 pages of expert analysis and thoughtful insights soon.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

This week we have 40 hours of EPA emissions certification training planned (via Zoom of course for our safety). Next week we each get assigned one chapter of the Federal Emissions Law and have to report back to the team our findings.

This thread has become the new "update from friends in mexico" thread; lots of off topic silliness to pass the time

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Is this course dependent on the administrators discretion's of 5 cycle testing? If not it is a pretty easy read and should be done in a couple of hours. 0.7 (0.55 UDDS + 0.45 Highway) = EPA; class dismissed. I do not think you need to know the testing that goes into the UUDS and Highway numbers to grasp an EPA number. EPA range is not real world, however, based on long range BEV like Kona and Teslas (need to use 2 cycle not Teslas) it seems to provide a indication of real world at least a benchmark that one result may be more efficient than the other. It's the Kona but when you carry a smaller pack (less curb weight) that is to be expected. Efficiency is not the only thing to range and battery size is also a factor. If Ford opened more dead weight battery their efficiency would obviously go up as all else is pretty much constant.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Is this course dependent on the administrators discretion's of 5 cycle testing? If not it is a pretty easy read and should be done in a couple of hours. 0.7 (0.55 UDDS + 0.45 Highway) = EPA; class dismissed.
I’d be interested in auditing the portion of the lecture that covers how they adjust the dyno load in proportion to vehicle drag. That seems a huge opportunity to game the system.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If not it is a pretty easy read and should be done in a couple of hours. 0.7 (0.55 UDDS + 0.45 Highway) = EPA; class dismissed.
This assumes that you only get 1 shot at it, which you don't. Ford can file multiple times after tweaking the system. Tesla has done that on plenty of occasions.

If Ford opened more dead weight battery their efficiency would obviously go up
No, the range would go up but the efficiency would be the same. Spent fuel is not released to the atmosphere; the battery doesn't get appreciably lighter when the electrons move from 1 electrode to another.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’d be interested in auditing the portion of the lecture that covers how they adjust the dyno load in proportion to vehicle drag. That seems a huge opportunity to game the system.
May be new leadership @ EPA shortly; ask them? Freedom of info? Opportunity does not create proof.
No, the range would go up but the efficiency would be the same. Spent fuel is not released to the atmosphere; the battery doesn't get appreciably lighter when the electrons move from 1 electrode to another.
I would think efficiency would go up also but possibly not linear. You carry around something and do not use it it should take energy and give nothing back. If at some point it gives you a hand up the hill it has provided some work. We are talking all else constant right? I would not expect the same efficiency if carrying 3 to 400# dead weight in the back? All adds up.
Sponsored