EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
?

It's funny how upset some people get when it turns out they're wrong. Some just can't accept it and post completely irrelevant links to "prove" their point in a desperate attempt to hang on to their ignorance. . I love to be proved wrong; it means I learned something.
I mostly agree. My one go back is the word “funny.” It’s more sad than comical. You’ve aptly described many I’m sure, but one particular cartoon red car you have to a T.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nak
OP
OP
EVmodeler

EVmodeler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER IB Job 1
Occupation
Engr Prof emeritus
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I went with AWD for the extra power, not the traction (I've always preferred RWD, but haven't had one since 1994). I'll name it Marsupilami.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage for Extended Range Mach-E Models Revealed in EPA Emissions Certifications 1605908790706

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I picked AWD because. It made logical sense, given where I live, to choose RWD and ER battery. So I did things like I always do (according to my wife of 35 years): 1/2 way. The numbers are good.

It'll be fun to see what happens as we start to transition to wondering what the GT will get range wise. I'll start:

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I picked AWD because. It made logical sense, given where I live, to choose RWD and ER battery. So I did things like I always do (according to my wife of 35 years): 1/2 way. The numbers are good.

It'll be fun to see what happens as we start to transition to wondering what the GT will get range wise. I'll start:

Price is right rules?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Do we have information on the range of the RWD?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately with an EV's weight distribution FWD is a horrible choice. Easier to build, yes. But under acceleration the weight just transfers away from the drive wheels. On the good side you won't have that issue with a RWD or AWD Mach-e. You're going to love it!

I had a Chevy Cobalt. Trying to pull away from a stop sign--dry pavement--while turning was a huge frustration. The wheels just spun. Hi torque and FWD just don't mix. The Nissan Juke Nismo tried to fix the problem with a limited slip front differential, but even that didn't help around corners. You just had to leave it in AWD--you could select between AWD and FWD--or the car wasn't driveable with all the power it had.
All sounds like a lot of fun to come to me.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

I also have one on order asside from my FE order, and I am concerned. It's not like having a regular Mustang V8 GT and knowing that gas mileage is not why you buy the car, but gas stations are there to serve.. Low range in any car mean range anxiety for the best of us. I'm hoping the low estimates (230) improve.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I also have one on order asside from my FE order, and I am concerned. It's not like having a regular Mustang V8 GT and knowing that gas mileage is not why you buy the car, but gas stations are there to serve.. Low range in any car mean range anxiety for the best of us. I'm hoping the low estimates (230) improve.
I was actually being somewhat facetious given the range rating angst about the non-gt versions of the mach-e. The cars were engineered for the estimated range. I honestly expect the GT to reach very near or perhaps even slightly over the estimated range of Ford's website. I personally think you'll be fine with it (presuming you're fine with 250 miles range based on 100 to 0 SOC).

I've been known to be wrong though.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was actually being somewhat facetious given the range rating angst about the non-gt versions of the mach-e. The cars were engineered for the estimated range. I honestly expect the GT to reach very near or perhaps even slightly over the estimated range of Ford's website. I personally think you'll be fine with it (presuming you're fine with 250 miles range based on 100 to 0 SOC).

I've been known to be wrong though.
The other trims coming in at almost exactly their early targets sure suggests the GT is likely to do the same.

Pyrene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona
Country flag
frankly I find the autonomy of this Mach-E very correct, especially in RWD.
What disturbs me, at least for France, is the low number of fast chargers if we disregard the tesla superchargers reserved for the eponymous brand.
Sponsored