Mileage not adapting with latest update?

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e gt performance
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
With the last update before 4.1 the mileage range was supposed to be updated to be more accurate. In finding it is not adapting to the cold and experience. 259 range on Mach e gt performance showing when it's 30 degrees. Driving 40 miles or so and the range drops 100 miles. The mileage used to be very close for actual usage vs range drop and in cold weather (100% in cold used to show 180 miles). At least I used to know what I had for range that seemed reliable.

Anyone know what is actually going on with this latest update?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
How many miles have you driven it since the 3.6.2 update?

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I am experiencing the exact same problem. 3.6.2 was installed on my vehicle on the same day when so-called "intelligent range" in Early Access was turned off. When it is plugged in every night (and set to charge to 90%) the forecast in FordPass is fairly accurate based on recent driving history, but the next morning the car always shows 240 (+/-2) miles at 90% SOC. The vehicle has logged over 2,000 miles since that update. Even when the car was new in December 2021, before "Intelligent Range", the range estimate took into account recent driving history.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Well, I would give it at least 500 miles to adjust, things do seem to improve with time somewhat.

After they switched off intelligent range, my range went from too conservative to almost EPA overnight (a range reset was effected). Since then it has adjusted slowly to a number I find rational (about 200 miles) for 30ºF winter conditions. However when it was very cold a few weeks ago, it didn't seem to adjust as low as it should have.

I'm not sure but perhaps they removed the dynamic component that adjusts for outdoor temperature? Maybe it's just a running average now?

Either way I do concede the pendulum seems to have shifted from too conservative to too generous in winter conditions.

Last edited:

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Since the update I pretty consistently get told 290 miles of range at 100% which drops very fast when driving since its been around freezing. I've driven easily over 2k miles since the update

mazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GTPE
Country flag
Same - the mileage estimates since the most recent update have been ridiculous. Prior to the update they seemed fairly accurate, maybe a little conservative, but now they're Musk-level delusional and don't seem to factor in the temperature at all.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I have a feeling that with all the complaints about not getting the range advertised, they're treating it like an ICE car with mpg when you first fill up. It's always high then adjusts quickly down when driving. It looks like to me that they start at the ideal range no matter what and then it adjusts according to drive conditions

Mustanghully

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford mach-e premium 2WD
Country flag
With the last update before 4.1 the mileage range was supposed to be updated to be more accurate. In finding it is not adapting to the cold and experience. 259 range on Mach e gt performance showing when it's 30 degrees. Driving 40 miles or so and the range drops 100 miles. The mileage used to be very close for actual usage vs range drop and in cold weather (100% in cold used to show 180 miles). At least I used to know what I had for range that seemed reliable.

Anyone know what is actually going on with this latest update?
Hi. I have exactly the same issue. Ive posted "latest update has wrecked the mileage accuracy"
My std range mach-e has gone from a winter cold 250km (im in Vancouver Canada) to 400km, but now the useage when driving is way out. Theyve messed with the calibration which before the update was amazingly accurate, now I cant trust it at all.

How can we get this reversed ?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Hi. I have exactly the same issue. Ive posted "latest update has wrecked the mileage accuracy"
My std range mach-e has gone from a winter cold 250km (im in Vancouver Canada) to 400km, but now the useage when driving is way out. Theyve messed with the calibration which before the update was amazingly accurate, now I cant trust it at all.

How can we get this reversed ?
They did this because it is what people wanted. Too many people are not interested in a conservative estimate of how far the car can go, they want a big number.... like in a Tesla. Sooo less complaints because it makes stupid people feel better.
Sponsored