My average so far is 3.3.
Sponsored

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have 3.7 km/kWh for 1,000 km but the number always stays the same. Only current trip changes. Even if I reset trip 1 and trip 2 it still shows 3.7.
I’m in Quebec, 3.7 means 2.3 miles / kWh. Average temp so far about 14F

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
In 25-50 degree temps with the heat set to 65 degrees, I've been getting between 3 and 3.3 mi/kwh combined highway and around town with a bit of a lead foot. Ca RT1 edition, so ER RWD with aerocovers.
I have the same model. 3.7 mi/kWh for first 300 miles (I reset the Trip 1 when I left the Dealer at 18 mi). California temps are 50F to 75F. Half time cruise at 72, rest on surface streets. 800 ft climb from work to home every day, downhill the next morning. I love high accelerations from stop lights. I am several car lengths ahead of the pack by the time the first one behind me clears the intersection. Have to be careful in 45 mph zones, though. Gets to 60 very quickly, so have to ease up. Keep in mind, the CA Rt 1 is RWD only. The AWD version must be even more fun!

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
~90 miles so far, it's been in the 40F range temp wise, light drizzle (yay PNW!). Climate set to 72, average 3.3mi/kwh in an ER/AWD FE.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
5.2 kWh, First Edition
Ford Mustang Mach-E Miles Per KW.  Post up what you getting. 36E44B85-3149-4AE6-998A-45339E10E2CA
That’s a nice number, but I can run that fast. (30:30/5.2miles is 5:52 per mile)... well right now I can only do a couple miles at that pace. I prefer a little slower but much farther. Lol ? I have some Covid weight slowing me down.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
That’s a nice number, but I can run that fast. (30:30/5.2miles is 5:52 per mile)... well right now I can only do a couple miles at that pace. I prefer a little slower but much farther. Lol ? I have some Covid weight slowing me down.
Haha yeah that was while driving north of the 5 from San Diego to OC during rush hour. Pretty slow moving. Once I got traveling faster it averaged closer to 4.0 after around 50 miles total.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Drove to work and back on Thursday: roughly 100 miles in 2 hours for 3.7mi/kwh. That's about 57 miles @72mph on the NJ turnpike, and then going much slower on back roads :)

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Averaging 5km per kwh since my last charge which is the equivalent of 273 miles on my MME 4X. I would say 80% of the driving was highway driving like a normal human being keeping with the flow of traffic at 10kmh above posted limits, as well as occasional heat usage since Temps here are still just slightly above freezing.

Really happy with these results! Great job Ford! ??

20210314_113012.jpg

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have 3.7 km/kWh for 1,000 km but the number always stays the same. Only current trip changes. Even if I reset trip 1 and trip 2 it still shows 3.7.
I’m in Quebec, 3.7 means 2.3 miles / kWh. Average temp so far about 14F
@Wildthing I stumbled on something. I pushed the reset twice in rapid succession because I was impatient with the lag. First push put the trip time and distance at zero, second push reset the mi/kWh to 99. Anyone else see that? Maybe a press/hold would do everything also.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So, I've been a nutcase about my miles per gallon stats going back to my 535i back in the mid 2000's. After one week with my Route 1, I've averaged 3.5mpk driving in whisper for 500 miles, and 3.5 in engage for 100 miles. Right at the EPA ratings. That's with me driving the car the way I've driven my previous hybrids and PHEV: basically trying to maximize efficiency using coasting and moderate acceleration.

The plan is to do another 200 miles in engage before switching to unbridled for 300 miles, then whisper with 1pd/L for 300 and then choosing the option with the best efficiency as my go to moving forward. Nutcase.

I assumed based on articles touting coasting as more effective for regen then braking, that I'd be using whisper in one of its two forms (1pd on/off) once the dust settles, but an experience last night has me questioning that. I went to my parents and had my dad take out the car with my sister and I to test it out. Was my first time in the back seat (plenty of room for me, 6' 235lbs), and the first time with 3 adults in the car(so the most total weight thus far).

My dad drove for about 8 miles on a 4 lane suburban road with a 45mph speed limit and stop lights about a quarter mile or more spaced. He basically tested the acceleration of each of the 3 modes multiple times, accelerating up to 70mph before pretty aggressive breaking at red lights, with about a mile with unbridled's stronger regen braking on the way back to the house. I'd been telling him that my version of the Mach E is not meant for pep so much as efficiency, so not to expect acceleration to match the other EVs he's recently test driven (M3, MY). Well I was wrong on all counts. Not only did I feel the acceleration push me into my seat, but he got f*&$ing 6.9mpk!

Has me questioning my existence at this point ?

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I have the same model. 3.7 mi/kWh for first 300 miles (I reset the Trip 1 when I left the Dealer at 18 mi). California temps are 50F to 75F. Half time cruise at 72, rest on surface streets. 800 ft climb from work to home every day, downhill the next morning. I love high accelerations from stop lights. I am several car lengths ahead of the pack by the time the first one behind me clears the intersection. Have to be careful in 45 mph zones, though. Gets to 60 very quickly, so have to ease up. Keep in mind, the CA Rt 1 is RWD only. The AWD version must be even more fun!
Yes, AWD is!!! Hard not to leave the pack behind with all that torque, but you are right, you need to be careful not to get going way too fast on surface streets with 40mph limits. I do have to learn to accelerate slower . . . . ;)

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Miles Per KW.  Post up what you getting. No Chargers

50% to route 50% to other. It doesn't know where I'm going, but it does know I'm not going to make it without a charger. 1.7 mi\kWh.

(Relax northerners, it's a red herring. I was parked for an hour with the heat On and the 'engine' running but not going anywhere.)
Sponsored