Milestone: 10K miles in 6 months

Louie N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang March E
Country flag
Hello All,

This is to report my Mach E hit 10,000 miles this week and is 6 months old (from purchase)! It is a AWD STD Battery Premium edition.

I am happy with the purchase and I hope it is a vehicle I can use for many years. I tend to have vehicles for 10 years.

The vehicle is great to drive. It is very zippy and agile. I really don't think I can go back to an ICE engine vehicle ever again. I have become accustomed to the immediate response and acceleration. But luckily no ticket yet!

The low episode was when 12 volt battery died making the vehicle a brick. That was fixed with a SW update. No issues sense then, but I really wish It had never occurred. The relationship has been good sense then.

Now the technical parts people love (maybe?)

I have a 90-mile round trip commute (45 up and 45 down). I charge the vehicle to only 90% based on the user manual recommendation. At the beginning, which was at the end of summer, the calculated range was about ~190 miles. The highest recorded estimate was 205 miles at 90% charge. I noticed a funny trend early on. I would get 4 miles per KW hour going to work (downhill?) and about 2.5 – 3 coming back from work. I never noticed the difference in slope before but the car certainly does. There are no charging stations at the office, so it sits there all day then we go home. I would return home with a 50% charge left on the battery. It takes about 5 hours to bring it back to 90%. I do use the departure times feature but no climate settings as the garage keeps it warm enough.

Now that we are in winter the estimated milage has dropped off, as expected. I now get from 130-150 miles range. The single most important aspect of the range calculator is if I use the heater. When is -4 degrees I will use the heater, sorry I am not that strong. Even on a frigid day where I had the seats, steering wheel, and cabin heat all going I would get 1.8 miles per KWH. I still got home at 35% charge.

I never have DC fast charged the car. I tried once and it failed because of the station not the car. I have experienced 3 charging faults in six months. These were all fixed by re starting the charging. I wish I knew what causes that but it seems to be rare.

I think the Fordpass is weak, but it is improving slightly. The electronic features still seem overwhelming

The cruise control and the sensors are excellent. It prevented an accident the other day when I was less than focused.

Cost:

My average house electrical bill was $119 before the car. Is has now $173. I do not know if all that is the car. With Christmas in there as well. I will keep an eye out on it. I found the fordpass app nearly useless to tell me accurately the KHW it had charged. It often told me 68 KW which was the full battery when it only charged half. On some reliable readings it appeared to be about 21 KHW to charge at night so about 3 dollars. I hope future solar panels will reduce this cost.

Here is to 90K more miles.

That is my report. If there nay any questions, please let me know.

Thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Hello All,

This is to report my Mach E hit 10,000 miles this week and is 6 months old (from purchase)! It is a AWD STD Battery Premium edition.

I am happy with the purchase and I hope it is a vehicle I can use for many years. I tend to have vehicles for 10 years.

The vehicle is great to drive. It is very zippy and agile. I really don't think I can go back to an ICE engine vehicle ever again. I have become accustomed to the immediate response and acceleration. But luckily no ticket yet!

The low episode was when 12 volt battery died making the vehicle a brick. That was fixed with a SW update. No issues sense then, but I really wish It had never occurred. The relationship has been good sense then.

Now the technical parts people love (maybe?)

I have a 90-mile round trip commute (45 up and 45 down). I charge the vehicle to only 90% based on the user manual recommendation. At the beginning, which was at the end of summer, the calculated range was about ~190 miles. The highest recorded estimate was 205 miles at 90% charge. I noticed a funny trend early on. I would get 4 miles per KW hour going to work (downhill?) and about 2.5 – 3 coming back from work. I never noticed the difference in slope before but the car certainly does. There are no charging stations at the office, so it sits there all day then we go home. I would return home with a 50% charge left on the battery. It takes about 5 hours to bring it back to 90%. I do use the departure times feature but no climate settings as the garage keeps it warm enough.

Now that we are in winter the estimated milage has dropped off, as expected. I now get from 130-150 miles range. The single most important aspect of the range calculator is if I use the heater. When is -4 degrees I will use the heater, sorry I am not that strong. Even on a frigid day where I had the seats, steering wheel, and cabin heat all going I would get 1.8 miles per KWH. I still got home at 35% charge.

I never have DC fast charged the car. I tried once and it failed because of the station not the car. I have experienced 3 charging faults in six months. These were all fixed by re starting the charging. I wish I knew what causes that but it seems to be rare.

I think the Fordpass is weak, but it is improving slightly. The electronic features still seem overwhelming

The cruise control and the sensors are excellent. It prevented an accident the other day when I was less than focused.

Cost:

My average house electrical bill was $119 before the car. Is has now $173. I do not know if all that is the car. With Christmas in there as well. I will keep an eye out on it. I found the fordpass app nearly useless to tell me accurately the KHW it had charged. It often told me 68 KW which was the full battery when it only charged half. On some reliable readings it appeared to be about 21 KHW to charge at night so about 3 dollars. I hope future solar panels will reduce this cost.

Here is to 90K more miles.

That is my report. If there nay any questions, please let me know.

Thank you
That is pretty cool. I also have a AWD SR. You are paying about 50 dollars a month more on electricity. Even assuming all of that is because of charging the MME, I think you are saving quiet a bit.

Say 90 miles a day - 5 days a week for a month (assuming you drive to work 5 days a week and also Not taking in to account your local driving like groceries, etc.)

This is like 1800 miles a month so in an ICE vehicle like my previous 2020 ford explorer which would give about 25 miles/gallon (at best), that is about 72 gallons of gas and being conservative and using 3 bucks a gallon, it works out to 216 dollars a month. So you are already saving 150 dollars with these assumption numbers and rough calculation.

Apart from that, imagine how many oil changes you will Not be needing and Not spending on the MME.

Awesome, enjoy your MME.

GibUtes

First Name
Gib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“The Scout Trooper” 2022 Premium Space White
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I have not got my MME yet, but am in a similar situation. AWD SR with a long-ish commute. Do you ever regret not spending the extra $ for the extended range? 98% of the time, it would be unnecessary for me, so I assume that my range anxiety will somewhat dissipate once I get the car, but it is there.

OP
OP

Louie N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang March E
Country flag
I did order the extension range one and I am not sure if it would have arrived yet. So far the standard range has worked well. I am not even charging the car fully.

You will get used to it.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I have not got my MME yet, but am in a similar situation. AWD SR with a long-ish commute. Do you ever regret not spending the extra $ for the extended range? 98% of the time, it would be unnecessary for me, so I assume that my range anxiety will somewhat dissipate once I get the car, but it is there.
I don't even look at the range hardly anymore. I look at my SOC and how much i use in my commute. I have the ex4 premium and warmer weather I get around 35% battery usage round trip (100 miles) and winter I was using 40%
Sponsored