Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mache E Premium
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
Spent the weekend at my friends place in Chicago. about 30 degrees outside the entire weekend and I left home with a 80% charge. Made it to chicago with about 17% remaining and plugged in for about 24 hours. I left Saturday night with 72% charge and tried to fill up at an EA station at old orchard mall. It was my first time charging with a DC charger and for the life of me I couldn't get any of them to work. Charging error. It was already 10PM and I had 2 young kids in the back and a tired wife. I prayed to the battery gods that I would make the 90 mile trip with my estimated mileage stating 95 miles.

I ended up making it back with 8% battery to space about 14 miles. It was scary and I totally understood the mileage anxiety people talked about. After spending more time on the forums and reading It looked like I should have linked my ford account to EA through the website (I wish this was explained to me beforehand when I bought the car) I made the mistake thinking it would be as simple as just swiping my credit card and plugging in. I guess not.

Other than the charging hiccup I LOVED the drive. The car was super responsive and zippy, my kids and wife were comfortable, and the lane assist was also nice for 90% of the highway drive. It does suck that living in WI kills the range, but at the same time, this car is so much damn fun and zippy. I haven't had any serious software bugs I'm reading about on here (thankfully) but some of the responsiveness and controls can be improved. Perhaps ford should offer a screen/CPU upgrade program or make the system more modular in the future for easy upgrades. It would be nice to throw in a better cpu/gpu/screen 3-5 years down the line to take advantage of technological improvements.
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Spent the weekend at my friends place in Chicago. about 30 degrees outside the entire weekend and I left home with a 80% charge. Made it to chicago with about 17% remaining and plugged in for about 24 hours. I left Saturday night with 72% charge and tried to fill up at an EA station at old orchard mall. It was my first time charging with a DC charger and for the life of me I couldn't get any of them to work. Charging error. It was already 10PM and I had 2 young kids in the back and a tired wife. I prayed to the battery gods that I would make the 90 mile trip with my estimated mileage stating 95 miles.

I ended up making it back with 8% battery to space about 14 miles. It was scary and I totally understood the mileage anxiety people talked about. After spending more time on the forums and reading It looked like I should have linked my ford account to EA through the website (I wish this was explained to me beforehand when I bought the car) I made the mistake thinking it would be as simple as just swiping my credit card and plugging in. I guess not.

Other than the charging hiccup I LOVED the drive. The car was super responsive and zippy, my kids and wife were comfortable, and the lane assist was also nice for 90% of the highway drive. It does suck that living in WI kills the range, but at the same time, this car is so much damn fun and zippy. I haven't had any serious software bugs I'm reading about on here (thankfully) but some of the responsiveness and controls can be improved. Perhaps ford should offer a screen/CPU upgrade program or make the system more modular in the future for easy upgrades. It would be nice to throw in a better cpu/gpu/screen 3-5 years down the line to take advantage of technological improvements.
Yeah, make sure that you have plug and share enabled on your FordPass app as well as it's a good idea to create accounts on Electrify America, EVgo, ChargePoint, Greenlots. That way it should recognize your car. It's also a good idea to go to one of them to do a trial test before heading out on first trip. Most times it's operator error on the first time to try

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm hoping they allow screen upgrades, especially since they're partnering with Google or something and doing a better Android based system. I believe Tesla offers this - if you have an older center stack, you can play like $2k, I think, and get the latest one so you can always get the newest updates.
Sponsored