Minor quibble: Seat belt buckle gets stuck between seat and side panel?

Lenni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Every time I get in the car, my seat belt buckle (the part that gets pulled over your body) is stuck between the seat and the side of the car. There is a permanent looking mark on the side of the car from the buckle scraping it when I yank it free. Anybody have a solution for this? I've tried raising and lowering the seat belt anchor and making small adjustments to the seat position. (BTW - I don't care for the automatic seat backup when turning the car off, so that's turned off).
Sponsored

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I haven't had this issue. Looking at my car, the buckle part on the belt does rest against the plastic trim piece, but is too large to fit between that and door. Instead, the other side sits against the front of the seat cushion. If the seat was further forward or the belt was pushed back when removed, I could see it maybe getting stuck...

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Yes! Mine does this almost always, and now there are scuff marks on the b-pillar molding. Now I just make an effort of feeling if it's stuck before I pull on it.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Every time I get in the car, my seat belt buckle (the part that gets pulled over your body) is stuck between the seat and the side of the car. There is a permanent looking mark on the side of the car from the buckle scraping it when I yank it free. Anybody have a solution for this? I've tried raising and lowering the seat belt anchor and making small adjustments to the seat position. (BTW - I don't care for the automatic seat backup when turning the car off, so that's turned off).
Happens to me every day, I just decided to stop noticing it ?

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Happens in my 911 too, so an extra $60k does not get you a better system, if that makes you feel better... LOL

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
This happened to me all the time on my Edge. Ironically it hasn't happened to me on the Mach E.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Happens to me frequently on my Lincoln MKZ. I end up opening the door to get it loose.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Yes, all the time. My 2019 Caddy XT4 did this as one other car I have owned.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I see this thread has been resurrected, but I'll add for the OP that yes, this happens to me on the Mach-E every day. They can get stuck there if they're at the right height and rotated slightly. I've got the scuff marks too.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I suspect it's entirely dependent on seat position/angle which will vary from driver to driver. My suggestion is to buy some of the 3m carbon film, and make a protection strip for the are getting scuffed. This is what I did on my door and door jamb.

The film is dead easy to apply and remove. https://www.rvinyl.com/3M-Wrap-Film...MIqIi8wczN3gIVAx6GCh1TagEsEAQYASABEgLgSPD_BwE

LOL had no idea this was an old thread. At any rate, here's a pic of the film on my door panel, six months later and still holding up well.

carbon film (1).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: