Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
So I noticed with mirrors folded in they look way more aerodynamic than them stuck out. Any thoughts. I'm trying to get more mileage out of the mach e might try and get some 18inch wheels as well
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So I noticed with mirrors folded in they look way more aerodynamic than them stuck out. Any thoughts. I'm trying to get more mileage out of the mach e might try and get some 18inch wheels as well
Remember you'll lose a camera and perhaps side collision sensors if you drive with the mirrors in. If so, that means no mirrors and reduced collision prevention.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This is silly. While there is likely some improved aerodynamics, it will not make a noticeable difference.

Keep in mind I believe everywhere, not having a drivers mirror you can see out of is illegal.

Remember you'll lose a camera and perhaps side collision sensors if you drive with the mirrors in. If so, that means no mirrors and reduced collision prevention.
No sensors on the mirrors, just the cameras. Those also don't operate at speeds over 5-7mph so if you fold them in after that part all you're losing is your mirrors.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I think a lot of the complaints about wind noise from the roof/windshield interface mat actually be the mirrors. I notice a definite change in noise level between having the mirrors in their normal position and closed.

OP
OP
Dylancch

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I think a lot of the complaints about wind noise from the roof/windshield interface mat actually be the mirrors. I notice a definite change in noise level between having the mirrors in their normal position and closed.
I'm going to go try this. I find my wind noise to be quite low

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
I know in California you have to have two rear view mirrors. One has to be the driver's side outside mirror, and the other can be either the one inside (on the windshield) or the passenger side outside mirror. I believe the option is in case you're towing, you can't really use the mirror that is inside the car.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Go figure.
Sponsored