Missouri/Illinois - Need your MME software updated?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Anyone local to me in St. Louis, MO or willing to drive a little bit - I have a dealer scan tool and year license to FDRS (dealer software).

If you want your software updated and don't want to pay the dealer rates or try to get them to cover it under warranty I'm happy to help. All I ask is for a few bucks to help cover my FDRS licensing costs.

If you're interested, PM me and we'll set something up. I can also program a second key fob to your car in about 5 minutes if you bring it.

I can update any module that Ford has released a newer software version for your VIN.
Most of the updates are very fast, however a few like the RFA (30 mins) and IPMA (2+ hours) take a while.
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Anyone local to me in St. Louis, MO or willing to drive a little bit - I have a dealer scan tool and year license to FDRS (dealer software).

If you want your software updated and don't want to pay the dealer rates or try to get them to cover it under warranty I'm happy to help. All I ask is for a few bucks to help cover my FDRS licensing costs.

If you're interested, PM me and we'll set something up. I can also program a second key fob to your car in about 5 minutes if you bring it.

I can update any module that Ford has released a newer software version for your VIN.
Most of the updates are very fast, however a few like the RFA (30 mins) and IPMA (2+ hours) take a while.
Five minutes for a second fob? Bastards at my dealership held me there an hour and charged me $172 to program a fob that I provided them.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
for all the updates my FE probably needs and the 2nd FOB... I should plan a road-trip! The dealership is wanting over $400 for just the 2nd FOB. and they refuse to do any updates.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
for all the updates my FE probably needs and the 2nd FOB... I should plan a road-trip! The dealership is wanting over $400 for just the 2nd FOB. and they refuse to do any updates.
Yeah that's pretty crazy.

If you PM me your VIN I can look at codes and tell you what updates you can get them to do under warranty and how to tell them the symptoms to get them to do it.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Five minutes for a second fob? Bastards at my dealership held me there an hour and charged me $172 to program a fob that I provided them.
I can confirm that even at a dealer the task takes about 5 minutes. They may have business reasons to still charge a 1 hour minimum, but $172 is steep. My dealer charges $90, which I still think is high, but at least they did it fast.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Do you need any special modules or licensing to do the 2nd fob? Or can even a 2-day "DIY" FDRS license do it?

Once I go through the process on my car (might try tonight) I'd like to be able to offer a similar service to people in CO, but still learning what capabilities I'll actually have.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Do you need any special modules or licensing to do the 2nd fob? Or can even a 2-day "DIY" FDRS license do it?

Once I go through the process on my car (might try tonight) I'd like to be able to offer a similar service to people in CO, but still learning what capabilities I'll actually have.
You need a dealer or locksmith login.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You need a dealer or locksmith login.
Ah, that makes sense. Well scratch the fob programming off my list, but hopefully I can still help a few people out with module updates!
Sponsored