Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache 2021 Caifornia Route 1
Occupation
computer consultant
Country flag
Received my Mache California Route 1 in October, over all ordering experience was ok, car was purchased from Phil Long Ford in CO and shipped to Washington State.

Problems started in December 2011

We had a cold spat her in WA that was unusual

The charge door started to stick, one morning I came out an tried to open the door after several pushes on it opened however the grommet that hold the plunger in place pooped out door will not stay shut now have to use a piece of tape.

Took car to local dealer, dealer would not repair under warranty said it was vandalism, I then escalated with Ford they were helpful basically it was up to the dealer.

Dealer quote fro repair is nearly $700.00 to replace one part LJ*Z 10370 A RING, basically the housing for the charge plug Labour was quote at $200.00 per hour!

Anyone know a simple way to keep charger door closed?

Also looking for alternative dealer in the Seattle area who can do the repair at a ore reasonable cost?

Current dealer has no ETA when they can do the glass recalls, also they said they had no guidance from ford on how to do cold weather update....

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I would definitely just fight it vehemently. I'd ask to speak to the service director or GM of the dealership, there is no way you should have to pay to repair the door.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The delights of buying out of state and the local dealer doesn't give a rat's ass about you.

Several posts of same problem. It's a warranty issue. Find another dealer.
Sponsored