ashul2

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I installed new 19'' wheels with new winter tires (Continental WinterContact NF0 Porsche) a couple weeks ago and just busted the sidewall on one tire. The tires only have 200 miles on them so replacing one tire would be ideal except the Conti is out of stock till next fall/winter. The way i see it, I have a few choices:
1) put the summer wheels/tires back on and deal with it next winter (lows in DC are going to be below freezing for another month)
2) buy two Pirelli winter tires and put them on the front two tires and keep the two Contis in the back
3) buy 4 all season tires available year round and put them on the 19s and forget about using winter tires in the future

#1 is cheapest but probably not the safest.
#2 is second cheapest but I know that wisdom is to not switch tire brand/type/wear on all wheel drive cars. In this case the tread depth is going to be identical between the Pirelli and Conti because there's so little wear on them and the two axles aren't physically connected (at least i assume they aren't).
#3 is most expensive but would be good for the two months a year where weather is in between winter/summer temps.

Thoughts anyone?
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Just buy Conti DWS06+. Better all season performance in all conditions than the GT (non PE) tire. More than adequate to handle street use.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Did you check EBay for a take off? I have done this before.
Sponsored