MKBHD reviews Porsche Taycan Turbo

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I feel like this is a real good unbiased look at the car. Instead of immediately scoffing at the price and harping only on range, which a lot of other reviewers do, he takes the time to explain the value of the car in the frame of the buyer who would consider the car. Excellent video.

Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
MKBHD is a great guy.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I feel like this is a real good unbiased look at the car. Instead of immediately scoffing at the price and harping only on range, which a lot of other reviewers do, he takes the time to explain the value of the car in the frame of the buyer who would consider the car. Excellent video.

I'm sorry but it is just plain wrong to call an electric car a turbo!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Same amount of wrong-ness as calling an electric SUV a Mustang?
Not the same. Turbo refers to turbochargers. I really don't know how you would use one on a BEV.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Not the same. Turbo refers to turbochargers. I really don't know how you would use one on a BEV.
Turbo means something different for Porsche.

Porsche Started Killing The Meaning Of 'Turbo' Way Before The Electric Taycan

The 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo and Turbo S debuted this week. Despite its name, it does not include a turbocharger. It can not and it could not. It’s an electric car. Instead, the word “turbo” has taken on a symbolic meaning in the Porsche’s nomenclature. But before you get too mad, let’s remember that the annihilation of the word started years ago, with the Porsche 911.

The word Turbo no longer made the distinction that the car featured something that the others didn’t. “Turbo,” in regards to Porsche, now took on an ambiguous marketing meaning to make the distinction that this car is faster and more expensive than that car, and you should stop thinking about it. As of 2015, “Turbo” was a signifier of speed not tech, just like on your blender.

https://jalopnik.com/porsche-started-killing-the-meaning-of-turbo-way-before-1837928296
Sponsored