Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
According to this report, the Mach-E was #3 in US sales for the 1st Quarter of 2022, behind the Tesla Model Y and Model 3, but slightly ahead of the Model X!

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME #3 in US 1st Quarter EV Sales Q1 2022 EV Sales
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Thatā€™s literally a 10 way tie for third place. I just hope Ford is 3 to 5 years behind Tesla rather than a decade as they are now. Face it we may not like it or not But Tesla is the iPhone of electric vehicles. Created a market. Made it consumable

Jes sayin

(now waiting for someone to tell me the CrackBerry was the first real smart phone). šŸ˜

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Thatā€™s literally a 10 way tie for third place. I just hope Ford is 3 to 5 years behind Tesla rather than a decade as they are now. Face it we may not like it or not But Tesla is the iPhone of electric vehicles. Created a market. Made it consumable

Jes sayin

(now waiting for someone to tell me the CrackBerry was the first real smart phone). šŸ˜
Iā€™ll be the tech nerd that says the first phone to feature a touchscreen like the iPhone was the LG Prada

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
According to this report, the Mach-E was #3 in US sales for the 1st Quarter of 2022, behind the Tesla Model Y and Model 3, but slightly ahead of the Model X!

Honestly itā€™s insane how many Teslas are getting pumped out. Whatā€™s quality been like lately?

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

Jes sayin

Tesla is certainly widening their lead. I'll wager the global figures would reveal that Tesla is even more dominant in other countries.

Tesla continues to ramp up production and deliveries, building more and more Gigafactories. Ford and the others are far behind, with production lagging way behind demand. Ford and the others are going to have to figure out how to catch up, and surely that means they'll have to quickly invest in more production capacity as Tesla has done. One plant in Mexico is never going to be able to produce enough MMEs to satisfy growing demand...

EVs are no longer a boutique product but rather an emerging mainstream in the automobile world.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag

Jes sayin

No, it was the Treoā€¦ Or Kyocera something or otherā€¦ Apple just made it ā€œhipā€.

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Honestly itā€™s insane how many Teslas are getting pumped out. Whatā€™s quality been like lately?
Good question. My 2020 Model 3 had a few quality control problems, especially with the paint. My 2022 MME seems better-built, probably because Ford has been building cars longer than Tesla.

But the electronics and other tech in the Tesla are superior, along with the Tesla app. It feels like the things Ford is good at (e.g., body, suspension, build quality, paint, etc) are better than Tesla, but the things Ford has little experience with (e.g., high-voltage battery, charging system, EV user interface) are inferior to Tesla. I'm sure that will change over time as Ford gains more experience building EVs.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
My understanding is that quality issues are still a thing. I really want Tesla to succeed but IMO their service model has not kept up with their output, so a significant recall requiring physical repair could do a number on them.

The success of Tesla may be what breaks the dealer model/protection of the traditional automakers.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Good question. My 2020 Model 3 had a few quality control problems, especially with the paint. My 2022 MME seems better-built, probably because Ford has been building cars longer than Tesla.

But the electronics and other tech in the Tesla are superior, along with the Tesla app. It feels like the things Ford is good at (e.g., body, suspension, build quality, paint, etc) are better than Tesla, but the things Ford has little experience with (e.g., high-voltage battery, charging system, EV user interface) are inferior to Tesla. I'm sure that will change over time as Ford gains more experience building EVs.
Yes. And, as a former manufacturing engineer, itā€™s funny/sad to see Tesla still turning out an inferior quality product after over a decade of mass producing and a million cars built. No excuse.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
EV6 has been on sale maybe since mid/late Feb. Wow.

No problems with my 2022 Model Y and 3 RWD (one of these is getting traded it for Mach-E GTPE) but I would not touch a 2021-2022 Model S.

There are not many issues with the 2022 3/Y as they are generally problem free but the Model S is a disaster. I told my friend (who also had a 3 and Y in 2021 and encountered no issues) to avoid upgrading to the Model S and he bought one anyhow and surprise surprise it is in for various fixes. Half dozen issues already!

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag

Do you feel like Tesla will price themselves out of some households? I was willing to pay mid 50s for one. Upper 60s for that is a no go for me.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

I'm surprised VW has sold more E-trons than ID4s...

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm surprised VW has sold more E-trons than ID4s...
ID.4 shipments in Q1 to the US plummeted. Don't know why but VW has worse production issues than Ford.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag