Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Never used it on my Ford Escape or Cmax. Don't want scratches on my rims.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
So far it doesn't seem to be anything beyond what other new Fords offer. I'm hoping they add auto-park and auto-summon. I don't mean blocks away, just in and out of spaces. It would be an easy add as the car already does the park and unpark. The only difference is pressing a button on your phone instead of one in the car.
Slightly better implementation than GMs. I have the feature and I have to do the shifting and apply the brake. Car just turns the wheel.

Reactions: UW2
First Name
Fredrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I've used autopark 100+ times on my Tesla Model S 2015. Worked flawlessly every time. Also used the Summon feature when it was available to park and roll it in and out of my garage. Just parked the car out front, and then opened the garage door and stood outside and parked the car through the app. When exiting, same thing the other way around

Might be a party trick for some, but for me it was really useful.

The autopark function for ordinary parking was easy accessible and made the parkering pretty much as fast as I would myself (most cars take way to long to use the auto park functions) so I use to apply it when in town and while the car was parking I prepped the "Parkfee app" instead. Since it did so good all the time I after a while didn't even bother to check when it parked neither have the foot on the brake or hands on the steeringwheel.

There is a good reason why Tesla is where it is today and why I still sometime laugh at other car manufactures and their attempts at electric cars. With the Jaguar I-pace is my favorite exeample of the ultimate of failure. They really totally missunderstod what the customer wanted.

Sidenote, I have ordered a Mach-E and truly think it might be the first model to really rival the Teslas in the areas where it matters.

Deleted member 2014

Those sounds were the rarely used friction brakes.
Right. I heard very similar sounds on every Mercedes I had for a test drive while using the automated parking.
Always made me smile on how good and precise it worked.
Seems to me it's working perfect on the Mach E and I am looking forward to use it from time to time.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Never used it on my Ford Escape or Cmax. Don't want scratches on my rims.
I've used it a few times on my C-max. Works OK, but a little slow.
Slightly better implementation than GMs. I have the feature and I have to do the shifting and apply the brake. Car just turns the wheel.
That's the same as the C-max. Probably the main reason Ford uses the Rotary dial shifter now instead of a normal one.

As3357

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape/MachE/Mustang
Country flag
I've used it a few times on my C-max. Works OK, but a little slow.
That's the same as the C-max. Probably the main reason Ford uses the Rotary dial shifter now instead of a normal one.
I have use the first gen Active Park Assistant and now the new 2.0 in the Escape Explorer Edge and Mach E. It is a huge improvement!

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is this any different that what Ford's already been selling?
Seems not when I am looking the video.
My 2019 Ford Focus is doing exact the same thing.

It‘s working but it‘s too slow.
So I am parking in my own.
A lot faster.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I've used autopark 100+ times on my Tesla Model S 2015. Worked flawlessly every time. Also used the Summon feature when it was available to park and roll it in and out of my garage. Just parked the car out front, and then opened the garage door and stood outside and parked the car through the app. When exiting, same thing the other way around

Might be a party trick for some, but for me it was really useful.

The autopark function for ordinary parking was easy accessible and made the parkering pretty much as fast as I would myself (most cars take way to long to use the auto park functions) so I use to apply it when in town and while the car was parking I prepped the "Parkfee app" instead. Since it did so good all the time I after a while didn't even bother to check when it parked neither have the foot on the brake or hands on the steeringwheel.

There is a good reason why Tesla is where it is today and why I still sometime laugh at other car manufactures and their attempts at electric cars. With the Jaguar I-pace is my favorite exeample of the ultimate of failure. They really totally missunderstod what the customer wanted.

Sidenote, I have ordered a Mach-E and truly think it might be the first model to really rival the Teslas in the areas where it matters.
You may be surprised but the autopark functionality on the 2015 model S was provided by Mobleye. The Mach-E driver automation is also Mobleye but a newer generation than the one on the 215 Tesla. So expect better.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I have auto park on my 2018 Escape. It's the variant that you have to shift apply gas/brakes. It steers. It does both parallel and back in parking. It does a great job with parallel parking - when it properly identifies a parking space. It will frequently fail to identify a parking space big enough for an Expedition. I have never gotten it to identify a parking space for back-in parking, so I have no idea if the back-in parking works.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I have auto park on my 2018 Escape. It's the variant that you have to shift apply gas/brakes. It steers. It does both parallel and back in parking. It does a great job with parallel parking - when it properly identifies a parking space. It will frequently fail to identify a parking space big enough for an Expedition. I have never gotten it to identify a parking space for back-in parking, so I have no idea if the back-in parking works.
How close do the rims get to the curb? That’s my biggest fear.
Sponsored