MME at Tesla (non-super) charge station

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ironically, some TeslaTap Minis were found to have been shipped with loose bolts. Well, actually, they're tiny little screws, but the same idea. I received this email about how to check and what to do to fix it:

You are receiving this email because you have received a TeslaTap MINI assembled prior to 3/24/2021.

There is a slight possibility that a few MINI’s may have been shipped without the setscrews being tightened to the correct torque. Rather than take a chance we are contacting all customers.

What you need to do……..

Inspection:
Take a look at your TeslaTap mini and see if there is a gap larger than 1/16 of an inch as seen in Picture1.
If there is, then the set screws may not have been tightened enough. Go to Repair Section (GAP).
If not go to Repair Section (NO-GAP).
Sponsored

Lowkius

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Programmer
Country flag
If you're going to order better hurry, he said there is a mad rush right now. I think the talk in here has gotten a lot of people to order them.
Will do. Thanks for the heads up!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Ironically, some TeslaTap Minis were found to have been shipped with loose bolts. Well, actually, they're tiny little screws, but the same idea. I received this email about how to check and what to do to fix it:

You are receiving this email because you have received a TeslaTap MINI assembled prior to 3/24/2021.

There is a slight possibility that a few MINI’s may have been shipped without the setscrews being tightened to the correct torque. Rather than take a chance we are contacting all customers.

What you need to do……..

Inspection:
Take a look at your TeslaTap mini and see if there is a gap larger than 1/16 of an inch as seen in Picture1.
If there is, then the set screws may not have been tightened enough. Go to Repair Section (GAP).
"incorrectly torqued bolts worked for Ford on the Mach-E so I'm sure we'll be fine... oh, wait"

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

What you need to do……..

Inspection:
I don't think it's just the mini. I got the same email about my 80.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't think it's just the mini. I got the same email about my 80.
Interesting. I tried to tighten the set screws on the Mini as instructed, but the allen wrench is so tiny that it just skips inside the screw head before it applies much torque.
Sponsored