MME (built in 3/2021 or before) owners underwhelmed with B&O sound system please read.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I wanted to start a new thread to get better exposure to this issue. If you B&O sound system doesn't sound very loud even maxed out at 30, please visit your dealer and have them apply SSM49737. I'm not sure if this is only an issue with the B&O only or if it can also affect the standard sound system. I will just repost what I posted on the other thread here:

I just had the dealer reprogram the DSP, per SSM49737. The difference it made is absolutely night and day. How Ford missed this during production is a mystery, but I am very glad there's a fix.

As I said before, my car had absolutely no punch (very thin sounding) to the sound at any volume level, and even maxed out at level 30, it was not very loud at all especially when playing music through CarPlay. In fact, I could not hear Siri read a text to me while it was raining one night. And the subwoofer basically made no sound before. Now it is thumping.

Post update, level 20 was already too loud. At volume level 5, it already produced a punchy sound, very full sounding, way fuller than maxed out pre-update. Even the highs are much better. The surround mode actually does something now. When enabled, the voice is concentrated in the center channel speaker, which I wasn't even sure made any sound at all.

I think I read a few posts of other owners also complained of the volume being too low even maxed out. I will start a new thread on this, maybe it'll have better visibility in a new thread so more owners will get this addressed. My car went from the worst sounding car audio system I've had to one of the best post update.

And the added bonus is now I have the cool thumping chimes that come from the audio system, instead of the tiny beeps from the instrument cluster.

edit: added affected build date range as not to bother trigger satisfied owners and added workorder.

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME (built in 3/2021 or before) owners underwhelmed with B&O sound system please read. TSB.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What sucks is that the DSP module is one of the few modules in this car that is not capable of OTA updates. So this update will have to be done by a dealer.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Oh! This makes more sense! I never really dove into those threads, but I just assumed that people were unhappy with the b&o system as designed. And I thought I was just uncultured swine for thinking it was a great system ?.

Guess it's good to know that they're actually was a problem, and that it can be remedied

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I just had the dealer reprogram the DSP, per SSM49737. The difference it made is absolutely night and day. How Ford missed this during production is a mystery, but I am very glad there's a fix.
TSB.JPG
How can we look to see what version of DSP our cars are running to tell is we already have the Updated version ?

I am thinking there is a chance mine has already been applied when the Dealer replaced my entire center console Display to fix the temp related 'black-out' I had at first.

Is there a module version number we can 'see' anywhere to verify ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MachTee

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh! This makes more sense! I never really dove into those threads, but I just assumed that people were unhappy with the b&o system as designed. And I thought I was just uncultured swine for thinking it was a great system ?.

Guess it's good to know that they're actually was a problem, and that it can be remedied
Oh if my car wasn't affected, and it sounded like it does now from day 1, I may well have assumed the same ? Seriously, I knew something was definitely off with the way it sounded.

How can we look to see what version of DSP our cars are running to tell is we already have the Updated version ?

I am thinking there is a chance mine has already been applied when the Dealer replaced my entire center console Display to fix the temp related 'black-out' I had at first.
Sorry can't help there. Since I've read others complained of even at max level of 30 being not loud at all, and now post-update level 20 is so loud it nearly hurts my ears, maybe go by that?

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I have the opposite problem -- it's always too loud. I never turn my volume past 10 or so because everything is deafening at that level (using Android Auto at least). I wish there was more range -- I can't even imagine what 30 might be like, but I wish I had more stops between, say, 7 and 8.

OP
OP
MachTee

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the opposite problem -- it's always too loud. I never turn my volume past 10 or so because everything is deafening at that level (using Android Auto at least). I wish there was more range -- I can't even imagine what 30 might be like, but I wish I had more stops between, say, 7 and 8.
I just had the exact same thought, now that my B&O sounds the way it's supposed to. Seems 9 is a bit too soft and 10 is a bit too loud. To give a better idea what a B&O sounds like with the faulty DSP software, post update volume level 10 is louder (and much better sounding) than what it was pre update at max level 30. And I can clearly hear Siri reading text to me over CarPlay now.

My MME is thoroughly enjoyable now. Before the update I honestly dreaded the way the audio sounds.
Sponsored