Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It unclip itself or you didn’t clip it?
So far it has unclipped on its own 3 times. I might just jimmy something up to hold it in place.

My first MOD... how cute... Will add a black rubber band.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So far it has unclipped on its own 3 times. I Might just jimmy something up to hold it in place.
I've had no problem with Marlin's coming unclipped but I haven't carried loads that push up on the screen. I'd recommend stowing it under the floor before loading up the back.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've had no problem with Marlin's coming unclipped but I haven't carried loads that push up on the screen. I'd recommend stowing it under the floor before loading up the back.
Well this is the loaner MME, my FE actually didn't never came undone. When I picked up the demo MME the shade was dangling, I clipped it back. Fell again while driving with no cargo, this time it's possible the cargo pushed against it but the height of the cargo was lower. The back or front depending how you are looking at it has a loop with some slack. So in theory it should have some give for high stored cargo.

Last edited:

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Have you tried to flip it 180 from left to right? (Up side down)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My wife and I were out for a drive yesterday, and she suggested we go to the grocery store because she needed to pick up a few things. I informed her that she would have to kill me and I still wouldn't let my Mach E into a grocery store parking lot on a Saturday afternoon.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My wife and I were out for a drive yesterday, and she suggested we go to the grocery store because she needed to pick up a few things. I informed her that she would have to kill me and I still wouldn't let my Mach E into a grocery store parking lot on a Saturday afternoon.
I’m just as nervous even with the demo MME. I parked so far away in the lot my girlfriend today asked me to call a taxi to the store. However if the lot didn’t have any prime spots I would tell her I’m staying in the car, you go in.

I might relax a bit when I get the XPEL applied.

Im paranoid with all my cars, major OCD.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well this is the loaner MME, my FE actually didn't never came undone. When I picked up the demo MME the shade was dangling, I clipped it back. Fell again while driving with no cargo, this time it's possible the cargo pushed against it but the height of the cargo was lower. The back or front depending how you are looking at it has a loop with some slack. So in theory it should have some give for high stored cargo.
I'm guessing it wasn't actually clipped in all the way. A little pressure makes it feel like it is locked in but it isn't. Press a little harder and the cargo cover snaps fully into the holders.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm guessing it wasn't actually clipped in all the way. A little pressure makes it feel like it is locked in but it isn't. Press a little harder and the cargo cover snaps fully into the holders.
I did and it was, it's a piece of plastic. Maybe this MME has a weak clip and needs to be replaced, when I return it I will point it out to the dealer.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My cargo cover has popped out a few times as well. One time it was with stuff back there, the other times with nothing back there. It seems like 1 side seems to just come out very easily.
Sponsored