Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
I’m next door to Mossy Ford in Ocean Beach (San Diego), CA and they have a gorgeous Grabber Blue MME GTPE on the lot. It’s my first time seeing Grabber Blue in person (gorgeous, btw), and I went to check the window sticker…

This is why people are buying Teslas.

3B6D8313-66CF-48AD-83EB-E87D75E65C78.jpeg

8053AE4D-C216-465D-828C-D2A04D136AA5.jpeg

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
While I absolutely hate this....if you want a tesla, you'll pay almost 10k more for a Model Y now than its lowest price, plus you'll be waiting until November (according to their estimates)

OP
OP
DrJay32

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
While I absolutely hate this....if you want a tesla, you'll pay almost 10k more for a Model Y now than its lowest price, plus you'll be waiting until November (according to their estimates)
Supply & demand at its finest!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
And yet Tesla has raised the price like a jillion dollars last year lol. People just keep thinking because it doesn't say "ADM" that you're not paying a mark up. Makes me laugh.

Almost every dealer I've talked to that has a $10k to $20k markup on the GTs/GTPEs will negotiate it down to $5k or less. Theodore Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa has a Cyber Orange with no markup, just 2 lame dealer addons for like $2,400.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
Tesla has their ADM built in. Long range model Y increased 9k last year

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like my Mach... my understanding is that most dealers (like mine here in NY) charge MSRP if you order the car and wait for it to be built and shipped. That's the same as what Tesla does. Since Tesla has no dealerships, you can't just run into one of theirs on the street that you can buy on the spot, like the one you've shown here. Canceled orders and dealer orders are often marked-up, on most new cars right now (I know someone who paid a 3K markup on a $30K Kia off the lot), but not as high as that California car. Then again, most of the country doesn't pay $6 for a gallon of gas, like they do in California. It's an expensive place to live...

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
ADMs are, IMHO, pure greed. I would never pay an ADM and our local dealer, Mullahey Ford in AG, doesn't pull that kind of stunt.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
And yet Tesla has raised the price like a jillion dollars last year lol. People just keep thinking because it doesn't say "ADM" that you're not paying a mark up. Makes me laugh.
I suspect this is how Tesla is doing better in the supply chain issues for chips. Sure, they cost $2K more than a year ago, who cares since we are charging $10K more already. No facts, just gut feel.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I suspect this is how Tesla is doing better in the supply chain issues for chips. Sure, they cost $2K more than a year ago, who cares since we are charging $10K more already. No facts, just gut feel.
I agree, its more so that Tesla doesn't sell to dealers, so they get whatever profit margin there is, so when they raise the price, they can directly afford the increase in costs, whereas Ford only raised prices for 2022 model year vehicles, the ADM dealers charge don't help offset rising costs. Tesla can definitely be more aggressive to get whatever inventory there is, where Ford might wait for their reasonable supplier to just get it to them when they can.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Almost every dealer I've talked to that has a $10k to $20k markup on the GTs/GTPEs will negotiate it down to $5k or less.
This is also my experience. My dealer was asking $10k ADM for my GT (on the lot, not ordered) and I was able to negotiate significantly lower than 10k. They also tried to sell me useless protection packages that I rejected.
You need to show you are serious and be prepared to buy the car right away if the negotiation gets close to MSRP. If you just ask over the phone or email, they will not reduce ADM but they will if you walk in the dealership with your checkbook.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
If anyone wants a used (700 miles) loaded, GT PE - the dealership I traded mine in at has it up for under MSRP right now, STL Area.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
I’m next door to Mossy Ford in Ocean Beach (San Diego), CA and they have a gorgeous Grabber Blue MME GTPE on the lot. It’s my first time seeing Grabber Blue in person (gorgeous, btw), and I went to check the window sticker…

This is why people are buying Teslas.
I think it's a California thing. Here in NYC there are at least 4 GTPEs going for MSRP on the lot. Don't get fleeced, just drive to Nevada or something and buy it at a normal price.

Man, that's a fine looking color... can't wait till mine rolls in!!!!
Sponsored