dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Just for those of you in TX looking to get the TERP rebate, looks like Ford MME doesn't qualify yet.

I reached out to them as I didn't see them listed on the eligible vehicles list but other Ford vehicles did. Was curious if the MME still actually would qualify, this is their response:

It isn’t at this time. Last I heard, Ford hasn’t received the certifications needed to submit to us to add the Mustang Mach E into our eligible vehicle list.
Bummer... Hopefully they get that soon...
Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Just for those of you in TX looking to get the TERP rebate, looks like Ford MME doesn't qualify yet.

I reached out to them as I didn't see them listed on the eligible vehicles list but other Ford vehicles did. Was curious if the MME still actually would qualify, this is their response:

Bummer... Hopefully they get that soon...
It should qualify once Ford publishes the EPA results. It is just getting the Mach E in time is the bigger problem.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I did not think TX has state credit for EVs - its county by county or statewide?

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
I did not think TX has state credit for EVs - its county by county or statewide?
Texas doesn't have a state income so there is no tax credit. Instead Texas is giving the funds out as rebate grants for purchases of BEV, PHEV, fuel cell, and natural gas (CNG or LPG) vehicles.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Texas doesn't have a state income so there is no tax credit. Instead Texas is giving the funds out as rebate grants for purchases of BEV, PHEV, fuel cell, and natural gas (CNG or LPG) vehicles.
thanks

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone know what will happen after January 7? Is the grant renewed for the new year or did we just miss out on $2500?

greenwindwill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
Anyone know what will happen after January 7? Is the grant renewed for the new year or did we just miss out on $2500?
We missed out. I emailed them about a 2 months ago to see if they would extend.
“It is unlikely that extensions are in the plans—Light Duty has been opened since 09/03/2019, and it has been the longest- running program in this biennium.”

“We will know if there will be another Light Duty in the upcoming biennium through the upcoming legislative session in the first half of 2021.”

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We missed out. I emailed them about a 2 months ago to see if they would extend.
“It is unlikely that extensions are in the plans—Light Duty has been opened since 09/03/2019, and it has been the longest- running program in this biennium.”

“We will know if there will be another Light Duty in the upcoming biennium through the upcoming legislative session in the first half of 2021.”
Dang that really sucks considering we put in our orders so early too...

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only hope is that they will make it retroactive like the last grant/rebate program.
I just checked in with them today. Here's the latest response

"In terms of the next round, we won’t know if there’s a Light Duty round in the next biennium, starting 09/01/2021, until the Legislation meets. They will decide if they will approve and appropriate funding for Light Duty in the next round. Historically, the eligibility date is not backdated to the previous biennium.

You can check in earlier than September. If we go with how it went when this biennium started, we knew what programs were available around June."

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I just checked in with them today. Here's the latest response

"In terms of the next round, we won’t know if there’s a Light Duty round in the next biennium, starting 09/01/2021, until the Legislation meets. They will decide if they will approve and appropriate funding for Light Duty in the next round. Historically, the eligibility date is not backdated to the previous biennium.

You can check in earlier than September. If we go with how it went when this biennium started, we knew what programs were available around June."
I could have sworn they backdated to the end of the last round when this most recent grant was funded. I've slept and drank a lot since then though.

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well September finally came around and looks like the new Texas state (TERP) EV rebate is available for folks again here in Texas. However, only for those that bought or leased after 9/1/2021. Looks like us early Texas buyers that got delayed shipments that put us after January 2021 until September 2021 got the short end of that stick...

@Ford Motor Company I heard you all did something for those in New Jersey under similar situations. Anything that can be done for us Texans?
Sponsored