MME On the Road - Sightings in NC (Charlotte)

dhoerl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi! My first post!

On September 23 I I was driving my Mach-E on Johnston Road just North of I-485 (South Charlotte), and was making a left (U) turn at a light. Lights are long here and I suddenly noticed a white Mach-E facing me, also making a left turn. Flashed my headlights, after a few second, other driver flashed his (hers?) and we both proceeded.

It was my first Mach-E sighting here in NC! I've had numerous people stop and ask me about the car. The funniest one was a car full of landscapers in a truck, who honked and chatted at one of the long stop lights! [To be more specific, it was my first sighting anywhere!]

---

Planned to move to Charlotte August 1, but could not find a Mach-E in stock anywhere. Was able to find the exact car I wanted (white (aka gray) interior, RWD, extended range battery) in NJ (where I was living), so bought it and then shipped it down in a covered transport.

And do I love this car! My wife says its the sexiest car she has ever been in - too bad I'm too old to go trolling :)
Sponsored

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium RWD SR DarkMatterGray
Country flag
Hi, David. Eastern NC reporting in. I saw a couple MMEs just this past week out my way and was excited. I'm expecting mine end of October/early November. Considering I don't have mine yet, I can imagine it might be weird to be waving and flashing my lights at an MME while I'm in my non-MME. I keep pointing them out to my wife when I see them and all I get in response is an eye roll.

Got some DC Fast Chargers getting installed this way shortly so it will hopefully make it easier for everyone to get to the beach and maybe I'll see a few more of you all.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
I live in Fort Mill but don't think that was my wife you would have seen. Mine is Star White and I have not seen another MME locally since I bought it other than at a dealership on the lot. I have however noticed an increase in the number of people recognizing it in the past couple of weeks. When I first got it in early June no one even paid it any attention.

JPMACH

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi! My first post!

On September 23 I I was driving my Mach-E on Johnston Road just North of I-485 (South Charlotte), and was making a left (U) turn at a light. Lights are long here and I suddenly noticed a white Mach-E facing me, also making a left turn. Flashed my headlights, after a few second, other driver flashed his (hers?) and we both proceeded.

It was my first Mach-E sighting here in NC! I've had numerous people stop and ask me about the car. The funniest one was a car full of landscapers in a truck, who honked and chatted at one of the long stop lights! [To be more specific, it was my first sighting anywhere!]

---

Planned to move to Charlotte August 1, but could not find a Mach-E in stock anywhere. Was able to find the exact car I wanted (white (aka gray) interior, RWD, extended range battery) in NJ (where I was living), so bought it and then shipped it down in a covered transport.

And do I love this car! My wife says its the sexiest car she has ever been in - too bad I'm too old to go trolling :)
Hi David, I am going to Charlotte next week for the weekend, how are the availability of DCFC? I am going to the Panthers game and staying in SouthPark. Jay

OP
OP
dhoerl

dhoerl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi David, I am going to Charlotte next week for the weekend, how are the availability of DCFC? I am going to the Panthers game and staying in SouthPark. Jay
Plug Share shows several 50kw DC sites near me but I haven’t tried any yet. I use my MME mostly around town, and charge it once a week using 110v in the (rental’s) garage. Getting a real charger in my new house under construction.

OP
OP
dhoerl

dhoerl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi, David. Eastern NC reporting in. I saw a couple MMEs just this past week out my way and was excited. I'm expecting mine end of October/early November. Considering I don't have mine yet, I can imagine it might be weird to be waving and flashing my lights at an MME while I'm in my non-MME. I keep pointing them out to my wife when I see them and all I get in response is an eye roll.

Got some DC Fast Chargers getting installed this way shortly so it will hopefully make it easier for everyone to get to the beach and maybe I'll see a few more of you all.
Hope you love yours as much as I love mine ???

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
At EV car show in Raleigh this past weekend at Carter Finely Stadium, home of the NC State Wolfpack, before the big Clemson game. There were two of us MME's there in the show.

lncanada

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Country flag

I'm in Trent Woods! Waiting on my delivery to Sanders Ford sometime next month. I haven't seen any around New Bern but I did see one on my commute on 17 the other day! Hopefully I'll see you around!

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in Trent Woods! Waiting on my delivery to Sanders Ford sometime next month. I haven't seen any around New Bern but I did see one on my commute on 17 the other day! Hopefully I'll see you around!
I'm in Trent Woods too! I'm sure we'll see each other. What color do you have coming in? Mine will be Dark Matter Gray.

17 was where I saw one most recently as well. Cella had a Star White as their tester for a while and sold it locally I think. I saw it downtown earlier this month.

lncanada

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Country flag
I'm in Trent Woods too! I'm sure we'll see each other. What color do you have coming in? Mine will be Dark Matter Gray.

17 was where I saw one most recently as well. Cella had a Star White as their tester for a while and sold it locally I think. I saw it downtown earlier this month.

Very nice! When are you expecting delivery? The boyfriend wanted me to get the Dark Matter Gray but I went with the Space White. I test drove the one at Cella but unfortunately had a horrible experience with the salesperson so ended up ordering through Sanders Ford in Jacksonville and I've been very pleased with them thus far. Sanders let me take their rapid red tester for a while. I'm excited to see you around!

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's in transit and ETA is by 11/2. Bummer to hear about Cella. My dealings with them have been pretty good, hopefully it will stay that way through delivery. See you around!

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I am in Harrisburg area just outside of Charlotte. We got lucky and picked up a MME that was sitting on the lot at Town & Country Ford. I happened to be there for work (Speedway Motorsports) Took the keys and told the sales person consider it sold. I was able to get it for $9 under MSRP since I am technically an employee :) It also happened to be the exact model color we wanted.
I have only seen one other MME and that was down near South end area. Hopefully will start to see more of them around.

Thanks,

Ken~

OP
OP
dhoerl

dhoerl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I am in Harrisburg area just outside of Charlotte. We got lucky and picked up a MME that was sitting on the lot at Town & Country Ford. I happened to be there for work (Speedway Motorsports) Took the keys and told the sales person consider it sold. I was able to get it for $9 under MSRP since I am technically an employee :) It also happened to be the exact model color we wanted.
I have only seen one other MME and that was down near South end area. Hopefully will start to see more of them around.

Thanks,

Ken~
You should at least add a photo of it to your profile photo, so I can be on the lookout for it!

Nykalias

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, future MME
Country flag
Anyone in the Charlotte area willing to show off their MME. I’ve been trying to see one in person for the past couple of months. I’m nervous about placing an order before I’ve seen one. Also any recommendations on dealership to order from.

Racing_Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, '04 Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Anyone in the Charlotte area willing to show off their MME. I’ve been trying to see one in person for the past couple of months. I’m nervous about placing an order before I’ve seen one. Also any recommendations on dealership to order from.
Happy to show off mine, but it’s a GT with no options (metal roof). I’m north of town in Mooresville.
Sponsored