First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Hi all,
I've got to choose my next company vehicle soon and its come down to a choice between MME/Tesla 3/Polestar 2.
I think the Tesla is out because of its saloon body styling. I have to get 2 dogs, 2 kids and a wife in the car.
So that leaves the question: is the MME boot actually sufficient for 2 dogs (Beagle/whippet size)?
I cant find any demo cars in dealers yet.
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
A beagle and a whippet should fit the cargo area fine.

Softball bag included for scale.

4C879121-FFE0-4991-8A27-4509A33FE31E.jpeg

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My concern about getting a Mach-E for the business is delivery. How flexible are you about when it actually shows up? Right now, it seems like they are estimating more than 20 weeks.

Tatcampbell

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C350e waiting on RR MME Extd RWD
Occupation
Air Traffic Control Engineering Manager
Country flag
My concern about getting a Mach-E for the business is delivery. How flexible are you about when it actually shows up? Right now, it seems like they are estimating more than 20 weeks.
Estimate when I ordered a few weeks ago was 28 weeks for a “business” order

MachESW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You'll have no problem with your 4 legged family member Beagle and Whippet in the MME. The roof line slopes but it's more than adequate for most 4 legged friends !

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think he means it will be his personal car given to him through work. I’ve learned through this forum that it’s a thing in Europe, especially the Netherlands, for the employer to provide a car lease to the employee in the same way that employers in the USA will often provide health insurance to their employees.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I think he means it will be his personal car given to him through work. I’ve learned through this forum that it’s a thing in Europe, especially the Netherlands, for the employer to provide a car lease to the employee in the same way that employers in the USA will often provide health insurance to their employees.
Which still doesn’t invalidate my concern…

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
For some reason this is the only car in the world my dog is terrified of, he'll literally jump into any car. But I have to pick him up and put him in the car for this one. Not sure what it is, maybe I was overly protective the first time and traumatized him, or maybe it's the giant screen. But he's terrified by this car.

OP
OP

hulksmash12

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies guys. As yet demonstrator's are not available where I am so I still can't test drive one. I'm hoping this will change in the near future. In the meantime I have a test drive of a Tesla 3 on the weekend so we'll see how that goes.
I'm split 50/50 at the moment. A MME for the boot space for the dogs or the Supercharger network that Tesla provide

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Hi all,
I've got to choose my next company vehicle soon and its come down to a choice between MME/Tesla 3/Polestar 2.
I think the Tesla is out because of its saloon body styling. I have to get 2 dogs, 2 kids and a wife in the car.
So that leaves the question: is the MME boot actually sufficient for 2 dogs (Beagle/whippet size)?
I cant find any demo cars in dealers yet.
This is Boo... she's a Bernese Mountain Dog X Newfoundland Lanseer. She's probably the size of a Beagle and two Whippets, and she's swimming in there!

IMG_4393 2.JPG

OP
OP

hulksmash12

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
This is Boo... she's a Bernese Mountain Dog X Newfoundland Lanseer. She's probably the size of a Beagle and two Whippets, and she's swimming in there!

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME ownership with dogs IMG_4393 2.JPG
Awesome, i really appreciate this picture. My dogs should be fine, i think this boot access will win the day for the MachE. Gorgeous dog!

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Awesome, i really appreciate this picture. My dogs should be fine, i think this boot access will win the day for the MachE. Gorgeous dog!
Thanks... she is a beaut. Everyone thought she was a border collie as a puppy... now they just think she's a border collie with a thyroid problem ?
Sponsored