MME RWD ER getting amazing 328+ miles range!

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yep. We have driven our CA Rt 1 470 miles so far, and have averaged 4.1 mi/kWh. That’s about 60/40 freeway-local streets. We live in Southern California and weather has been ideal this month (mostly 60s and 70s with a few days in the 80s and 90s), so I would expect that to dip into the high 3s at other times. I am extremely impressed with the efficiency we are seeing so far - it is actually pretty consistent with the Bolt it replaced, which I did not expect.
That's awesome, keep it up! My goal is to get my lifetime up to 4.1, but it will be tough since such a high proportion of my driving is freeway.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Are you getting a consistent 3.7 mi/kwh?
For the last 600 miles (80% city/20% highway) I have averaged 3.9 miles/kWh. Have not run charge down to lower than 20% charge but had traveled 276 miles on the last 100%
charge when it got to 20% remaining. Mine is AWD ER. This is in Wisconsin where we are now averaging highs of 50-65. During those 600 miles, the car used about 5% for climate control and about 6% for outside temperature. My driving has been pretty conservative. I am surprised and pleased by this efficiency. In February when we had a week where the lows were -17, -15, -12, -9, -5, -2, and 0 and the high was seldom in double digits, I was getting 2.3 miles/kWh with seat, steering wheel, and cabin heat on. The car was kept in the garage and pre-heated plugged in on those days.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I got hired as a consultant by my old company, so I had a chance to do a commute to my old office. It was mostly Mass Pike and I-495 with some 70 to 75 MPH driving. The total loop mileage is 91 miles with 83 percent highway. Trip 1 had 3.9 miles/kW at the start with the previous miles being mainly city driving with cooler temperatues. Trip 1 had 4.1 miles/kW at the finish with temperatures in the upper 60s. I still want to run a few more commute trips, but the result seems excellent going from 343 to 360 mile of potential range. I can not wait to see how I do on my first summer road trip.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So...charging your battery to 100% regularly is NOT RECOMMENDED. Manual says 90%. I won't bore you with all of the science you can easily find by googling it. tl;dr - your battery will last longer if you keep the SOC between 40 and 90 as much as possible.