MME Stops Charging without Warning EVERY TIME

MachDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Grey, 2023 GT Vapor Blue
Country flag
I have owned my car for 2 months and charge using the Ford Mobile charger on a 50Amp Nema 14-50 that was installed 7 years ago for a Tesla. I have 2 issues:

1. The charging process stops EVERY time around half way through the charge. The app says "Charging paused". If I go out and unplug and replug in the charger, it usually will finish overnight. The car is set to "Charge when plugged in" with no schedule.

2. Charging is slower than you guys are claiming. I barely get 15 miles added per hour plugged in.

I have tried contacting customer service on the app (chatting and calling). Essentially useless.

I brought it back to the dealer where they applied software updates - no difference. They don't have a NEMA 14-50 to test out the mobile charger!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jeff
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's the car.
It's the mobile charger.
It's bad wiring / bad ground.

You can try a couple things to troubleshoot it to determine which of the possibilities is the cause. For instance, maybe ask the dealer to swap out your mobile charger. You can also try L2 charging away from your house somewhere else, both on your mobile adapter and somebody else's wall box.

The results of these different sessions will tell you everything you need to know.