MME STRANDS ME IN A BLIZZARD!!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
starting to think if I have to take my delivery or not with all these issues.
If you have a Grabber Blue FE, it would probably be prudent to not take delivery. Also please post in the other thread what dealership it’s at.
Sponsored

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E MME STRANDS ME IN A BLIZZARD!! 1613483499633

I know this has to do with if the parking brake is set and then the vehicle runs out of battery, but he thought it would be good to try it just to see if it was set accidentally or something.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
How many vehicles are having this problem? I see a lot of replies to each report of the problem but it is not clear what the actual count is. Has anybody tried to do the count?
I’ve counted four: chasingcoral, tomterky, shayne and eponyil. Important question though to put things in proper context.

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Did your system failure screens look like this?
Definitely looks like a 12v battery problem. I'd bet money on it!
By the way, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically when I saw this little typo: C'mon, QA! Wow!

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME STRANDS ME IN A BLIZZARD!! 1613485817279

EDIT: I read it as "Shift to Park to shart vehicle"

Last edited:

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag

I know this has to do with if the parking brake is set and then the vehicle runs out of battery, but he thought it would be good to try it just to see if it was set accidentally or something.
I dont think releasing the parking brakr had anything to do with it. If your 12v was dead the electronic parking brake wouldnt work. The fact thdt you were able to take the brake off means the battery had charge. It was more the fact thay your car slept overnight and had a chance to recharge the LVB.

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
Definitely looks like a 12v battery problem. I'd bet money on it!
By the way, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically when I saw this little typo: C'mon, QA! Wow!

Not a good look. I've seen stuff like this with "off shore" developers. Even so these types of errors should have been caught in end user testing. We're all human but spell checking all user facing messages is a best practice. Maybe the sub-tropical developer wasn't taking into consideration -17f with blowing snow when the LVB charging algorithm was coded.
My MME is a week out from delivery and I'm hoping FoMoCo is working this issue. At least with all this discussion, the MME community is aware of a potential existing issue. We'll see. In a previous post I made a joke about upping my AAA package to unlimited towing. Who's laughing now? Regardless, I'm sure this issue will be fixed.

SimS

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fantastic!! the angels appeared

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It's a miracle!! I got a ride into work this morning and was going to video what it was doing so I could post it here, but it started!! I took it out for a short drive and there were no issues. It is a balmy 1 degree and it sat outside all night.

I don't know if this made any difference or not, but my husband and I came back out last night to try and get it to start. He said he read something that engaging the parking brake and then disengaging the parking brake would somehow reset the 12v charging, so we did that. If that worked, I guess it recharged itself overnight and was good to go this morning. Or, that may have had absolutely nothing to do with it. Either way, I am happy to be back up and running!

Thank you for all of the suggestions and help!!
You should still report this to Ford and the dealer as it may happen again

Reactions: UW2

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

For those interested, here is the page about how to release the electric parking brake when the power is low.

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME STRANDS ME IN A BLIZZARD!! 1613489970081
Sponsored