MME STRANDS ME IN A BLIZZARD!!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
geeze.. this is not a potential issue. this is a serous problem. there is no way I'm taking delivery until Ford responds as to what's up. I'm not a 12 volt mechanic and I certainly don't want to get stranded over this. This is really quite upsetting. Not sure what to do now. Very disheartening. Clearly this is not a fluke.
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
That would indeed be an interesting position to denI warranty coverage due to mod’ing for better access to a defective part. I hope there is good warranty coverage for plastic clips. Maybe they should come with a little baggie of extra clips in the glove box.
Isn't Mustang supposed to be one of the few brands famous for allowing mods. If that voided the warranty it sounds like it goes against the spirit of the name Mustang that Ford stressed in it's naming and advertising.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How many vehicles are having this problem? I see a lot of replies to each report of the problem but it is not clear what the actual count is. Has anybody tried to do the count?
I think I've heard of 5-6 in here the last week, but more alluded to elsewhere. And it's sounding more and more like the same problem that sent hundreds to the Speedway, and some even back to the plant.

My guess is many are showing it now because of the extreme cold. 12v batteries that were already low on charge but no one noticed, but the cold now is pushing them past the minimum needed to run the electronics.

Just my speculation.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I don't know if this made any difference or not, but my husband and I came back out last night to try and get it to start. He said he read something that engaging the parking brake and then disengaging the parking brake would somehow reset the 12v charging, so we did that. If that worked, I guess it recharged itself overnight and was good to go this morning. Or, that may have had absolutely nothing to do with it. Either way, I am happy to be back up and running!
I think I seen somewhere that the high voltage to low voltage doesn't run when the vehicle is being charged. Just to confirm, it wasn't plugged into the charger over night while the issue fixed itself?

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'll bet the issue is being caused by something like the DC-DC not being allowed to turn on below some arbitrarily high temp.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Have I missed any video showing how to access the 12v battery?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Have I missed any video showing how to access the 12v battery?
and to think one of the selling points of this car is trouble free service... didn't realize I would need to go to mechanics class to own one. . . . sorry, I know I'm being annoying..

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you have a Grabber Blue FE, it would probably be prudent to not take delivery. Also please post in the other thread what dealership it’s at.
That statement just makes no sense at all. I was with @Rafgar Sunday and his GB FE is doing just fine.