First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
And before someone says "why would you leave your phone in the car?"
I do this all the time. I drive to the park, go for a run and I don't want to drag the phone with me. When I finish my run, I unlock with the doorpost keypad.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I’m gonna pick my mme in a hour, and on the fordpass app, it says it is in deep sleep..!
that just means that you have to wake it up when you get it by pushing down on that gas pedal hard and often... it's a Mustang after all... ?

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I do this all the time. I drive to the park, go for a run and I don't want to drag the phone with me. When I finish my run, I unlock with the doorpost keypad.
Same here, I do it more often than I probably should. But i've never given it much thought that I wouldn't be able to get back in the vehicle.

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Just heard from the dealer. They said it needed two software updates, which they have done. One was for the powertrain and the other was for the outside sensors. Nothing about the 12v battery. I am on my way to get it. Here's hoping there aren't any more issues!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Apparently, low temperatures are interfering with the internal system pulling energy from the HV to charge the 12v battery when it should. could be mis-calibrated sensors, bad programming, or faulty equipment.
Word is that's not the cause, just a contributing factor. Batteries get weaker in the cold, so an already low battery will just be even weaker in the cold. If the voltage is already down near the borderline point for being able to operate the electronics, the cold could push it below that point. But by all accounts, that's not the actual problem.

Ford is working to resolve the problem, and should be making this all moot soon. The only mitigating actions I'll be taking with mine in the mean time are watching the voltage frequently with a $10 cig lighter meter, and scheduling an extra precondition departure time in the middle of that night that's suppose to trigger 12V battery recharge if it detects that it needs it.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
So, it sounded like the PCM and SOBDM needed updating.
Would be good to know the previous and current (fixed, assuming fixed) versions.
Probably couldnt find out with a scanner

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Probably couldnt find out with a scanner
I would be very surprised if the versions didn't show with a OBD scanner. That is one of the basic features...

Might also show on the software versions as described here without a scanner:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
He is the summary from the dealer
Ford Mustang Mach-E MME STRANDS ME IN A BLIZZARD!! D2AA1C4B-2F55-4717-9D4D-E107262A02A3
I'm not convinced this will solve it, but if there was an outstanding update from Ford already and that's what was reprogrammed the PCM, then it's possible. It's impossible to know from just this information, but thank you very much for sharing!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm not convinced this will solve it, but if there was an outstanding update from Ford already and that's what was reprogrammed the PCM, then it's possible. It's impossible to know from just this information, but thank you very much for sharing!
Agree. This just sounds like the equivilent of reboot and cross your fingers. We'll see.

OP
OP

eponyinIL

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang Coupe; 2021 MachE AWD ER, Rapid Red
Occupation
Director or Human Resources
Country flag
Who else just keeps hitting refresh to see if everyone's car 'started' today for them?
I don’t want to jinx it, but so far so good since I picked it up from the dealer yesterday. It is still really cold out at only 14 degrees, but warmer than the negative temps we have been seeing. Hoping that it will continue to warm up and there are no more issues.
Sponsored