MME vs. Cadillac Lyriq

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
- The 22" wheels on the RWD model are surprisingly not harsh. I wonder how much range they subtract though.

- The blindspots are huge in the Lyriq- the small side cutout windows don't help much. While there's a virtual rearview mirror and blindspot warning, I wish the Lyriq had a blindspot camera system like on the Ioniq/EV6/GV60.
Ford Mustang Mach-E MME vs. Cadillac Lyriq Untitled
Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wish the Lyriq had a blindspot camera system like on the Ioniq/EV6/GV60.
I have the camera system on the Telluride (view appears in the dash) which is the same on the EVs and it's 100% useless and a distraction. Tesla implemented the same but the camera view pops up on the center display and it's equally dangerous and useless.

What the Telluride has that I want in other cars is an audible alarm when somebody is in your blindspot while you signal. I believe the Bolt has the feature (I could be wrong) and hopefully GM brings it to the Lyriq.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the camera system on the Telluride (view appears in the dash) which is the same on the EVs and it's 100% useless and a distraction. Tesla implemented the same but the camera view pops up on the center display and it's equally dangerous and useless.

What the Telluride has that I want in other cars is an audible alarm when somebody is in your blindspot while you signal. I believe the Bolt has the feature (I could be wrong) and hopefully GM brings it to the Lyriq.
Useless and dangerous(!) That's the first time I've heard something negative about the Kia/Hyundai/Genesis blindspot camera system.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I like how there's an exclamation point on 0-60 in 6.2 seconds...that's what a Bolt will do 0-60 in. That's good for 1982, not an EV in 2022.

A lot of the "reviews" on Youtube are just thinly veiled commercials. All the reviewers get flown out, put in hotels, wined and dined. Some makes (Vinfast and Rivian are two makes I've heard named) are purported to be literally paying for reviews/content.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Im ok off the Lyriq looks like the Hyundai Ionic but longer

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I like how there's an exclamation point on 0-60 in 6.2 seconds...that's what a Bolt will do 0-60 in. That's good for 1982, not an EV in 2022.

A lot of the "reviews" on Youtube are just thinly veiled commercials. All the reviewers get flown out, put in hotels, wined and dined. Some makes (Vinfast and Rivian are two makes I've heard named) are purported to be literally paying for reviews/content.
1) 6.2 seconds for a RWD EV that's almost 6000lbs. Basically a heftier Premium RWD ER which does 0 to 60 in 5.8(?) seconds. And 100 kWh usable vs. 91 kWh usable on the Mach-E.

2) The AWD (to be released in early 2023) should be mid 4s in acceleration. i.e Lyriq has been reviewed in China for weeks now.

I've personally test driven a Rivian R1T as part of the First Mile program. They brought the truck to me in Orlando two weeks ago for an hour long test drive. I would definitely buy one if they were available. I don't need reviews to tell me they are awesome :)

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Useless and dangerous(!) That's the first time I've heard something negative about the Kia/Hyundai/Genesis blindspot camera system.
It's really useless and distracting. The audible alarm is not.

If Kia could build a $75K Telluride EV it would destroy the competition.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
That says more how good the Bolt is for it's price, especially compared to vehicles like the ID.4, and not really that 6.2 is being slow.

The Lyriq isn't meant to be sporty, but a luxury to drive and to ride in, smooth and comfortable ride. It purposely doesn't accelerate as fast as it could 0-40. I do think it's somewhat surprising they don't have a sport mode you can unlock faster 0-60 times, but that's not the market Cadilac is designed for. Will be interesting to see what official 0-60 times will be for AWD.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That says more how good the Bolt is for it's price, especially compared to vehicles like the ID.4, and not really that 6.2 is being slow.

The Lyriq isn't meant to be sporty, but a luxury to drive and to ride in, smooth and comfortable ride. It purposely doesn't accelerate as fast as it could 0-40. I do think it's somewhat surprising they don't have a sport mode you can unlock faster 0-60 times, but that's not the market Cadilac is designed for. Will be interesting to see what official 0-60 times will be for AWD.
The only exclamation for 0-60 in 6.2s for a luxury vehicle is over how bad it is. That's slower than my F150.

Reactions: USC

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1) 6.2 seconds for a RWD EV that's almost 6000lbs. Basically a heftier Premium RWD ER which does 0 to 60 in 5.8(?) seconds. And 100 kWh usable vs. 91 kWh usable on the Mach-E.

2) The AWD (to be released in early 2023) should be mid 4s in acceleration. i.e Lyriq has been reviewed in China for weeks now.

I've personally test driven a Rivian R1T as part of the First Mile program. They brought the truck to me in Orlando two weeks ago for an hour long test drive. I would definitely buy one if they were available. I don't need reviews to tell me they are awesome :)
1. That's all sort of meaningless if the extra weight/battery capacity doesn't equate to more range.
2. We're talking about the video pretending that 6.2s for the RWD is amazing.

I'm impressed with the Rivian in a lot of ways and I hope that they succeed, but ~all the reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. It's been pointed out by other outlets that the Motortrend piece on the Rivian doing the TransAmerica Trail was paid for, for example.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

That's how I feel about the Palisade. Hyundai/Kia missed out on not making the refreshed Palisade/Telluride a hybrid of some sort, preferably a plug-in hybrid.

Our lease on the Palisade is up in January 24 and I while I would like our second car to have some sort of electrification, I don't see them adding it by then. But compared to everything else on the market, we'll probably just end up with another Palisade, can't beat it for value and interior quality. Bummed they sort of ruined the Telluride exterior looks with the refresh...the amber rectangles was a signature feature.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The Kia EV9 is coming out next year, should be close to a Telluride EV.

Would love to get a Bolt EUV with the added $6k discount for 2023, if only it didn't charge so slowly. Would be perfect for urban driving.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
The Lyriq at 197" long is way too big for my taste.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Heard from my Cadillac dealer. They will charge just MSRP for the Lyriq (which is great!) but production is evidently far behind. They anticipate that my RWD 2023 MY Lyriq won't actually be available until calendar year 2023(!!) I'm leaning towards cancelling my pre-order as there will be other EV SUVs available in 2023, like the Audi Q6-Etron, updated Etron, and Kia EV9.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Heard from my Cadillac dealer. They will charge just MSRP for the Lyriq (which is great!) but production is evidently far behind. They anticipate that my RWD 2023 MY Lyriq won't actually be available until calendar year 2023(!!) I'm leaning towards cancelling my pre-order as there will be other EV SUVs available in 2023, like the Audi Q6-Etron, updated Etron, and Kia EV9.
Good luck with the EV9.. it will probably be early/mid 2024 release and have $10K to $20K markups knowing Kia dealers (I have a Telluride and tried to buy an EV6).

Debut Editions are being built soon with Sept/Oct deliveries then RWD editions next which should be very late 2022 to early 2023.
Sponsored