Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
I ordered a Lyriq the 18th. I really like the dash and hopefully the tech won’t be delayed infinitely.

To be honest, I think there is a shot I get my AWD Lyriq sooner than the Mme I ordered in January 2022 because I got in so early.

If the tax credit is still available and my Mme gets in first, I’ll buy the Ford and hold on to my Caddie order to see how it progresses and how the reviews are.

If the tax credit is gone on the Ford when my order is fulfilled (and assuming the Caddie has decent reviews), I’ll probably skip the Mme and wait for the Cadillac.

I love how this community doesn’t go into auto bash every other EV that is announced like ….ahem…some EV inter web communities do. People here can appreciate their MMe’s but still be excited and objective for other EV’s headed to the market.
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
If the tax credit is still available and my Mme gets in first, I’ll buy the Ford and hold on to my Caddie order to see how it progresses and how the reviews are.
As you ordered in Jan, I think that's 90% likely the tax credit will still be available, with $3750 being the other 10%... That of course is assuming you don't have any extra trouble with dealer or delivery that only impacts your or very few vehicles and changes your place in line....

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
As I mentioned a few months ago when I saw a Lyriq light up here in Scottsdale , It is almost a glittery 80s disco coke whore throwback.
So many dancing lights.

“Ooh
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Digging the dancing queen”

The advertising focuses on women that look like aliens driving across the surface of the moon. The car looks so pointed glittery and jewel like that it could cut you if you aren’t careful.

But. …I dropped a grand deposit down. Dealer will order it for me. Fully refundable

I’m sure I can sell to some guy in a Members Only jacket with a big mullet and some gold nugget jewelry around his neck

Wearing…….Hai Karate cologne.!
Jes sayin.

Last edited:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Is anyone else considering the Lyriq? I think it has a number of advantages over the MME. Better interior, more advanced SuperCruise, touchscreen interface still has buttons (the lack of buttons on the MME touchscreen drives me crazy).

Pricing and range are similar to the MME, although reliability is still a question mark as it's a first year car. Also no frunk and questionable rear styling (this is subjective).
If you can get one I would go for it, no doubt in my mind you could easily sell if you don't like it and make a nice little profit.

saurez7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Red
Country flag
Is anyone else considering the Lyriq? I think it has a number of advantages over the MME. Better interior, more advanced SuperCruise, touchscreen interface still has buttons (the lack of buttons on the MME touchscreen drives me crazy).

Pricing and range are similar to the MME, although reliability is still a question mark as it's a first year car. Also no frunk and questionable rear styling (this is subjective).
touch screen is the future.... I don't like the buttons so it's just a preference...

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
Really like the lyric interior but like the exterior of the MME better. Almost placed an order when they first opened up but I wanted an AWD and knew that would come later. Very happy with my MME but will be watching Lyric reviews when they come out too. Don't plan on getting rid of my MME anytime soon though.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
touch screen is the future.... I don't like the buttons so it's just a preference...
Mechanical buttons/knobs are safer. You do not need to visually locate them in order to operate them. There needs to be a happy medium where operations that are commonly performed while driving are physical and things that are done while stationary are virtual. 🤷‍♂️😊🐩

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Just watched the first intro video to the lyriq I'd seen. Wow....that's all I can say. Looks damned impressive.

PJS3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
And no shot at a $7500 Federal Tax Credit.
You definitely will lose on net cost.
Yeah, that point right there... Turned me off.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I put an order down... and don't care about the tax credit.

A 300+ mile range RWD EV with 0 to 60 in the 6-second range and softer SUV like suspension is my target. i.e Mach-E Premium RWD ER with Magneride please.

The Ioniq 5 RWD is too slow and they barely make any Limited RWD. Other Ioniq 5 trims are so barebones and Limited AWD has terrible real world range.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I successfully ordered the Lyriq debut edition last September. I had put a timer to order in the first minutes... I ordered my MME at the same time, which came in March. Still waiting for the Lyriq. I like the MME more than I expected, so at this time I am conflicted about whether to get the Lyriq.

The interior of the Lyriq is obviously a notch above the MME: electric sunshade, massage chairs, loads of speakers, and ginormous curved screen. Otherwise, it is just a very heavy frunkless SUV in a boring grey color. The MME is sexier and faster. Likely the Caddy is will have a more comfort-oriented ride. The Caddy has no tax credit, so is more expensive.

By the way: the Lyriq owners manual is already online: https://www.cadillac.com/bypass/pcf...YRIQ_OM_en_US_U_15644413A_2022MAR04_Rvsd2.pdf

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Already reports of folks getting hit with $10k+ ADMs on their launch edition preorders.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I put in a Lyriq reservation yesterday just in case. I like the design in many ways but to be honest the over-the-top grille & front lighting is a little much for my tastes. One of the best qualities of the Mach-E is that the design is extremely cool and interesting without turning to ornate detailing to call attention to itself .

Given the Lyriq is 10 inches longer than the MME, I assumed the Lyriq would have more cargo capacity than the MME. But - no. The cargo is rated at 28 cubic feet, vs 29 in the MME (seats up) and 60 with seats down (MME has 59.7). Plus the Mach E has a big frunk. CL - no frunk.

No doubt the Cadillac's screens and other interior details are a notch above. But overall the package and price don't seem meaningfully better than Mach E in any way I can see. And it is slower. So we're left with exclusivity. Mach Es are by no means commonplace yet but you see them around now. I expect Lyriq will be a rare sight for years.
Wow, 10" longer!
Sponsored