Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
touch screen is the future.... I don't like the buttons so it's just a preference...
Buttons can be pressed by touch only since they are fixed A touch screen needs to be looked at to select the position to touch. And that is a safety issue.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The launch this year will be RWD only. The AWD won’t arrive until next year.
Unless you are lucky, most Lyriq orders will be delivered later, probably in 2023. I could not place my reservation because the website rejected my Zip Code and found no dealers in Puerto Rico, so I will wait for the 2024 MY.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Unless you are lucky, most Lyriq orders will be delivered later, probably in 2023. I could not place my reservation because the website rejected my Zip Code and found no dealers in Puerto Rico, so I will wait for the 2024 MY.
You should be able to place an order with a dealer directly instead of the website. If a dealer will take an order over the phone instead of in person probably depends on the dealer. That said, they are sold out for 2023 MY besides for getting added to a wait list.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
I’m looking forward to Lincolns’ answer.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The price for AWD is fairly reasonable compared to RWD, and the suspension is more comparable to the GT Performance edition. Comparing AWD on both to GT PE, and ignoring the tax rebate (which will be going away soon), the prices are not so different.
Lyriq AWD: $64,990
Mach E GT PE: $66,000

The Lyriq doesn't have the lower level trims (no equivalent standard range battery), but when you compare similarly equipped models the price is competitive.
Guess we’ll have to wait for actual window stickers before we decide that the most expensive MME’s price versus the base price of the Cadillac justifies a claim that a Ford is similarly priced to a Cadillac.

All I’m saying is that once these Lyrics actually start hitting dealership, there is little chance that they will be anything near the $60000 bracket, considering the MSRPs of other Cadillacs, or competing luxury electric SUVs.

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The price for AWD is fairly reasonable compared to RWD, and the suspension is more comparable to the GT Performance edition. Comparing AWD on both to GT PE, and ignoring the tax rebate (which will be going away soon), the prices are not so different.
Lyriq AWD: $64,990
Mach E GT PE: $66,000

The Lyriq doesn't have the lower level trims (no equivalent standard range battery), but when you compare similarly equipped models the price is competitive.
comparably priced nope. Not even close. Options on the Cadillac are going to be crazy high. They always are. Suspension comparability we don't know yet. No one does. Can't ignore that tax credit because there still is room. No matter if it's 7,500 or 1,875 a credit still lowers the price.

Also, we don't know the range for the awd lyriq. But if you take into the weight of it and estimated horsepower it should be between 240 and 270 miles of range. also depending on how much of the battery capacity will be allowed to use. It's heavier by a lot. Inside the head, and leg cargo rooms are about the same though.

Range while driving, stopping, and going could hurt the lyric a lot more than the mache. 1,000 extra pounds will take a lot more battery life.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
comparably priced nope. Not even close. Options on the Cadillac are going to be crazy high. They always are. Suspension comparability we don't know yet. No one does. Can't ignore that tax credit because there still is room. No matter if it's 7,500 or 1,875 a credit still lowers the price.

Also, we don't know the range for the awd lyriq. But if you take into the weight of it and estimated horsepower it should be between 240 and 270 miles of range. also depending on how much of the battery capacity will be allowed to use. It's heavier by a lot. Inside the head, and leg cargo rooms are about the same though.

Range while driving, stopping, and going could hurt the lyric a lot more than the mache. 1,000 extra pounds will take a lot more battery life.
Sounds like you are in denial without any evidence for your claims.
There are not many options besides AWD and color, as most things are standard. If there is some other options to drive up the price, please tell, especially if they are something that comes standard (or better priced) with the Mach E. If they are crazy high it's moot if it's not even an option on the Mach E.

Cadillac is a luxury brand and generally is known for good suspension and ride quality and GM would not be mentioning it if they were deviating from their norm. Maybe magneride suspension is superior to the 5-link suspension system on both the front and rear axles of the Lyriq (I honestly don't know), but the for what we know the base suspension in the Mach E is clearly inferior and not comparable to the base Lyriq and I have plenty of experience with the Mach E... I find it odd that you don't know and would think no one knows the Lyriq has superior suspension to the base Mach E. There has been plenty of info on the suspension.

The RWD has an EPA range of 312, so estimating 240 to 270 seems low, as similar models of Mach E the 300 drops to 270 when going from RWD to AWD. A more likely estimate is 270 to 300 for the EPA AWD range. Either way, we should know in a few months.

I am not sure why it bothers you if an EV Cadillac costs about the same as similarly equipped Mach E? At least the Mach E has lower end trims so there are more that can enter the EV market with something better than a Bolt or ID.4 and not a pricey as a Cadillac or Mach E GT PE.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like you are in denial without any evidence for your claims.
There are not many options besides AWD and color, as most things are standard. If there is some other options to drive up the price, please tell, especially if they are something that comes standard (or better priced) with the Mach E. If they are crazy high it's moot if it's not even an option on the Mach E.

Cadillac is a luxury brand and generally is known for good suspension and ride quality and GM would not be mentioning it if they were deviating from their norm. Maybe magneride suspension is superior to the 5-link suspension system on both the front and rear axles of the Lyriq (I honestly don't know), but the for what we know the base suspension in the Mach E is clearly inferior and not comparable to the base Lyriq and I have plenty of experience with the Mach E... I find it odd that you don't know and would think no one knows the Lyriq has superior suspension to the base Mach E. There has been plenty of info on the suspension.

The RWD has an EPA range of 312, so estimating 240 to 270 seems low, as similar models of Mach E the 300 drops to 270 when going from RWD to AWD. A more likely estimate is 270 to 300 for the EPA AWD range. Either way, we should know in a few months.

I am not sure why it bothers you if an EV Cadillac costs about the same as similarly equipped Mach E? At least the Mach E has lower end trims so there are more that can enter the EV market with something better than a Bolt or ID.4 and not a pricey as a Cadillac or Mach E GT PE.
Well, You compare the gt pe to the awd lyriq for the price, but not for the ride?
See that's the flaw in your statement there. You try to compare price high end to low end but when comparing suspension you want to compare low end to high end. I don't think so.
It's almost a thousand pounds more also. Will not exit and enter corners as good as the gt pe.

Where are the articles or videos talking about the lyriq suspension? % I don't see anyone test driving it. So really no one knows. Like I said laugh when you compare prices of one end but ride to another lol.

For the range no one knows is right. But almost a thousand extra pounds is going to affect the range more. have to also take into effect the HP and how much of the battery they will allow access to. More will have extra range but will have an effect on the battery life cycle. Just taking into the weight ratio by percentage, you can easily see the range is going to be less when compared.

Nothing of it bothers me just making sure points that are pushed as opinion are not pushed as facts when comparing. When the truth is they don't cost the same.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, You compare the gt pe to the awd lyriq for the price, but not for the ride?
See that's the flaw in your statement there. You try to compare price high end to low end but when comparing suspension you want to compare low end to high end. I don't think so.
It's almost a thousand pounds more also. Will not exit and enter corners as good as the gt pe.

Where are the articles or videos talking about the lyriq suspension? % I don't see anyone test driving it. So really no one knows. Like I said laugh when you compare prices of one end but ride to another lol.

For the range no one knows is right. But almost a thousand extra pounds is going to affect the range more. have to also take into effect the HP and how much of the battery they will allow access to. More will have extra range but will have an effect on the battery life cycle. Just taking into the weight ratio by percentage, you can easily see the range is going to be less when compared.

Nothing of it bothers me just making sure points that are pushed as opinion are not pushed as facts when comparing. When the truth is they don't cost the same.
I do compare for the ride. That is why anything lower than the GE PE is ruled out as inferior. There is not enough info (that I have anyways) to say if the Lyriq of the GT PE is better. Perhaps the GT BE will exit and enter corners better, perhaps not. It's likely one will have better quality (smoother ride) and one will have better handling and it's likely which one is tuned for the best overall could be more a matter or opinion than a clear winner.

You could say no one knows how it compares to the GT PE, but we know how it compares (or at least extremely likely to compare) to the base Mach E based on all the info Cadillac has given about the Lyriq suspension .

One item to help the Lyriq with range is the battery is slightly larger. It is 100.4 kWh.

So far I seen opinions that the Lyriq costs 20% more. So far, based on MSRP the AWD Lyriq actually costs less than the base Mach E GT PE and is based on fact not opinion. Opinion claims there are options that can increase the price over 20%, but nothing has been even hypothetically listed as possible options to drive the price up.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do compare for the ride. That is why anything lower than the GE PE is ruled out as inferior. There is not enough info (that I have anyways) to say if the Lyriq of the GT PE is better. Perhaps the GT BE will exit and enter corners better, perhaps not. It's likely one will have better quality (smoother ride) and one will have better handling and it's likely which one is tuned for the best overall could be more a matter or opinion than a clear winner.

You could say no one knows how it compares to the GT PE, but we know how it compares (or at least extremely likely to compare) to the base Mach E based on all the info Cadillac has given about the Lyriq suspension .

One item to help the Lyriq with range is the battery is slightly larger. It is 100.4 kWh.

So far I seen opinions that the Lyriq costs 20% more. So far, based on MSRP the AWD Lyriq actually costs less than the base Mach E GT PE and is based on fact not opinion. Opinion claims there are options that can increase the price over 20%, but nothing has been even hypothetically listed as possible options to drive the price up.
So we should take gm info on the ride as fact? Just their words right? Again comparing RWD to RWD. Awd to AWD is how you would compare them. Not gt pe. If the caddy does better in certain things then that's great for them. If not great for ford. At those price points, the price does come out to about 20% more which is a lot. The gt pe will outperform the lyriq in so many areas for the same price. Gm was looking into a performance model of the lyriq and it was to start at around 90,000. That was decided against.

The prices of the lyriq have already gone up twice. From first listed to first tested, until now. I would bet the price will be more for the awd by 2023 if not 2024 then.

The battery is larger but the weight diff is massive. Stopping and going moving that weight matters. Again we don't know how much of the battery will be used. Also, don't forget the tire sizes.

PicassoPC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E CaRt1, 2011 Nissan Leaf
Country flag
Is anyone else considering the Lyriq? I think it has a number of advantages over the MME. Better interior, more advanced SuperCruise, touchscreen interface still has buttons (the lack of buttons on the MME touchscreen drives me crazy).

Pricing and range are similar to the MME, although reliability is still a question mark as it's a first year car. Also no frunk and questionable rear styling (this is subjective).
I ordered one on the 18th and went into the dealership to select color, etc. on the 19th. I really like my Mach-E now (after software updates, etc) and would not consider trading "up" to the Lyriq if I could get ventilated seats, a better sound system, etc. - more luxury on my Mach-E for a similar price. I know the front design of the car is not for some, but I really like the Lyriq's presence. If Lincoln had something available similar to my Mach-E with more luxury I'd stick with Ford.
Sponsored