Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
CFO
Country flag
Is anyone else considering the Lyriq? I think it has a number of advantages over the MME. Better interior, more advanced SuperCruise, touchscreen interface still has buttons (the lack of buttons on the MME touchscreen drives me crazy).

Pricing and range are similar to the MME, although reliability is still a question mark as it's a first year car. Also no frunk and questionable rear styling (this is subjective).
Wish Lincoln was announcing a production model instead of the Star concept vehicle. Planning to upgrade from my Mach E GT when it’s available, but sounds like two years from now.
Sponsored

msulliv3

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
I did not want the Lyric because it seems too big for me. I am driving a 2015 SRX now awaiting my MME and it always feels too big and unweildly for me.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2022 Mach 1, 2022 GTI
Country flag
There is some confusion in this thread. The AWD Lyric is most comparable to a Mach-E GT. It's estimated around 500 hp with similar range. Will it be as quick? Will it handle similarly? We don't know that but my guess is the GT will win those categories. But based on specs and range, the comparison makes sense. And the prices are very similar in that context.

What appeals to me about the 2023 Lyric is that you get more equipment for that money. There are no options on the Lyric other than paint, interior color, and wheels (for the rwd anyway, 20" is all you get on awd). You get cooled, massaging seats. A higher end audio system. Supercruise has been well received. I prefer the screen layout and look of the trim/materials in the Lyric. I bet the suspension will be more comfortable than the non PE Mach-Es.

It is assumed that Cadillac will be adding more options for 2024 (rear climate controls, heated rear seats, HUD, etc). Certainly, the price will start to go up.

But these 2023 AWD Lyrics seem to beat the Mach-E GT in total value in my opinion. I have a Mach-E premium extended awd scheduled for production in July and I'm looking forward to it. But I'm also looking forward to my Lyric pre-order and expect it to impress me when it arrives.

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
There is some confusion in this thread. The AWD Lyric is most comparable to a Mach-E GT. It's estimated around 500 hp with similar range. Will it be as quick? Will it handle similarly? We don't know that but my guess is the GT will win those categories. But based on specs and range, the comparison makes sense. And the prices are very similar in that context.

What appeals to me about the 2023 Lyric is that you get more equipment for that money. There are no options on the Lyric other than paint, interior color, and wheels (for the rwd anyway, 20" is all you get on awd). You get cooled, massaging seats. A higher end audio system. Supercruise has been well received. I prefer the screen layout and look of the trim/materials in the Lyric. I bet the suspension will be more comfortable than the non PE Mach-Es.

It is assumed that Cadillac will be adding more options for 2024 (rear climate controls, heated rear seats, HUD, etc). Certainly, the price will start to go up.

But these 2023 AWD Lyrics seem to beat the Mach-E GT in total value in my opinion. I have a Mach-E premium extended awd scheduled for production in July and I'm looking forward to it. But I'm also looking forward to my Lyric pre-order and expect it to impress me when it arrives.
The dealers don't know the optioned out AWD 500HP vehicle yet. You do get a lot standard though. If the base caddy (350 HP) is same price as 500 HP AWD MME, I don't see the comparison. The AWD Caddy will hit the 70s.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
The dealers don't know the optioned out AWD 500HP vehicle yet. You do get a lot standard though. If the base caddy (350 HP) is same price as 500 HP AWD MME, I don't see the comparison. The AWD Caddy will hit the 70s.
It's not. The base AWD caddy (500 HP) is less than the GT PE AWD. Definitely no comparison in ride quality for any other Mach E GT PE. Maybe options can hit 70s? I would love to see what the hypothetical options are that is standard on the GT PE that can drive the price up as a lot is standard in the base lyriq. The 500-hp dual-motor, all-wheel-drive Lyriq will start at $64,990, with deliveries beginning in early 2023. (The RWD starts at $62,990)

Last edited:

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
It's not. The base AWD caddy (500 HP) is less than the GT PE AWD. Definitely no comparison in ride quality for any other Mach E GT PE. Maybe options can hit 70s? I would love to see what the hypothetical options are that is standard on the GT PE that can drive the price up as a lot is standard in the base lyriq. The 500-hp dual-motor, all-wheel-drive Lyriq will start at $64,990, with deliveries beginning in early 2023. (The RWD starts at $62,990)
$2K jump for AWD and get to 500HP. I have never heard of such.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know, but it is what it is. I think there might be some items that are standard on RWD that are an option on AWD, but that is the difference between base RWD and base AWD.

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
I know, but it is what it is. I think there might be some items that are standard on RWD that are an option on AWD, but that is the difference between base RWD and base AWD.
yeah, have to agree with that. Dealers being very shady on what you get on both.

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
I have a purchase agreement on one for 65K. No options other than paint. It's fairly loaded. The only thing missing that most would expect from a luxury nameplate are heated rear seats and phone as key. They could have charged 5-10k more and sold out in the same amount of time.

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
Only if you have over $7,500 in taxes to pay. I don't pay any Federal taxes.
Do you have a retirement account? I see that you are a retired engineer. If you have or will buy an eligible vehicle, it's a great opportunity to have the federal government pay 100% of your distribution taxes. Immediately reinvest if you choose and then just pay capital gains on monies earned.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Do you have a retirement account? I see that you are a retired engineer. If you have or will buy an eligible vehicle, it's a great opportunity to have the federal government pay 100% of your distribution taxes. Immediately reinvest if you choose and then just pay capital gains on monies earned.

He's in Puerto Rico.........none of this applies to him

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Seems pretty apparent to me that's just a teaser price for the limited number of preorders. Also it will always be a apples to oranges comparison on cost so long as Ford prices are subsidized by tax credits.

Last edited:

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems pretty apparent to me that's just a teaser price for the limited number of preorders. Also it will always be a apples to oranges comparison on cost so long as Ford prices are subsidized by tax credits.
I don't think it's a teaser price, but has some odd differences from RWD version.

Reports seem to be all over the map from 3 (awesome if true) to barely under 6 for AWD and nothing official.

One of the oddest downgrades, RWD has 19.2 kW AC Charging and AWD has 11.5 kW AC Charging.

RWD has hands-free power liftgate, but AWD has power liftgate. I wonder if it has something to do with the trailering prep package.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I reserved a RWD Lyriq! If the dealers are overcharging then I will cancel. Still waiting to see real world reviews. Teasers of the Buick Electra X (EV based on Lyriq platform) dropped today and they look very good. Maybe I'll opt for a Buick instead if the price and tech are right.

Last edited:

grisensko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium, 2017 Volvo XC90
Country flag
In Canada here, I have a 2021 Premium SR RWD Mach e that I paid 60k -8k gov. Subsidiary (52k)

I pulled the trigger and ordered a RWD lyric for 70k with no subsidiary...

It's a 18k difference that will be really hard to justify.

Construction quality and range/perf will need to be great for me to keep the lyric.

I can't wait to see Alex on Autos interior space review comparison... We are a family of 5 with car seat at the back. Kid are getting holder and need seat that buckle up... I want as much width as possible at the back and so far it doesn't look like it's interior space is larger than the Mach we.
Sponsored