Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I considered it, along with the Hyundai Ioniq 5, Nissan Ariya, and Audi Q4. The big advantage of the Mustang for me is that they are selling it today. The EV6 and the others all look great, but who knows when any of them might actually deliver? If I get tired of the Mustang in a few years, perhaps I'll get one of the others. Or maybe even a new and improved Mustang.

If you're not in a hurry, EV6 could be a very good choice.
Yeah, I just saw a EV6 video review posted today that said the GT model (0-60 3.5sec, ~576+hp) is scheduled for late 2022 to early 2023 delivery in the US. The other trims (RWD and a lower spec AWD) are arriving summer 2022.

They are available in Europe. I see folks posting new car pics daily.

My Mach-E orders should be arriving summer/fall 2022 and I have a Model Y in the meantime. I plan to own all the major EV sport-y cars at least once by 2023 :)

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
They are available in Europe. I see folks posting new car pics daily.
Yes, that sticks in my craw too. Those Europeans seem to get a lot of nice cars long before we do, and they get some cool features that we don't get at all. What are we? Chopped liver?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I see the EV6 (and the potential of the upcoming GT) and I think, man.... that's a nice EV. Then they show a shot of the rear end and I lose all respect for it. Like seriously, wtf is going on back there? It's a great looking car until it pulls away from you then its absolutely hideous...... in my professional opinion

OP
OP
voxel

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, that sticks in my craw too. Those Europeans seem to get a lot of nice cars long before we do, and they get some cool features that we don't get at all.
Ford sends a ton of Mach-E over there too. A friend was traveling in Germany in August and he said he saw Mach-Es everywhere and never one here (I saw one at a Buc-ee's over the weekend but they are unicorns).

I suspect it is due to some European clean-act regulation... a certain percentage of your cars need to have zero-emissions (this is my guess).

What doesn't stick my craw are their EV prices. Seem a little on the high side. i.e Mach-E GT is $73K Euros (I guess that includes VAT/tax?)

OP
OP
voxel

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I see the EV6 (and the potential of the upcoming GT) and I think, man.... that's a nice EV. Then they show a shot of the rear end and I lose all respect for it. Like seriously, wtf is going on back there? It's a great looking car until it pulls away from you then its absolutely hideous...... in my professional opinion
Modern angular styling I guess. Trying not to be Tesla. And they cool non-standard colors... (like Ford has with Grabber Blue and Cyber Ornage)

With the rear, they hid the charging port between lights. The port can be used for Vehicle-To-Load (charge another car, power electronics, etc)

Kia Green.jpg

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Modern angular styling I guess. Trying not to be Tesla. And they cool non-standard colors... (like Ford has with Grabber Blue and Cyber Ornage)

With the rear, they hid the charging port between lights. The port can be used for Vehicle-To-Load (charge another car, power electronics, etc)

Ford Mustang Mach-E MME vs. EV6 Kia Green
I recently ate, please don't post photos like that. ?

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes, that sticks in my craw too. Those Europeans seem to get a lot of nice cars long before we do, and they get some cool features that we don't get at all. What are we? Chopped liver?
I think they use a smaller market to test out cars before bringing to North America. North America has greater temperature extremes than Western Europe for the most part. That is why cars that are not even sold in North America are brought here to be tested in Death Valley & UP Michigan.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I think they use a smaller market to test out cars before bringing to North America. North America has greater temperature extremes than Western Europe for the most part. That is why cars that are not even sold in North America are brought here to be tested in Death Valley & UP Michigan.
Go to Arjeplog in Sweden in winter and it will be full of cars winter weather testing, probably more people from the various manufactures at that time of year than residents. When it comes to hot weather testing no contest that you want to be on the open roads of death valley that stuck in traffic testing in Athens.

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The big 3 just treat the home team poorly when it comes the vehicle options :(, sure there is some very dated regulations that prevent some cool features but the rest I blame on the dealers that are more interested in shovelware and manufactures that love decontenting, that has resulted is the American consumer getting the short end of the stick

Where as in Europe vehicles have tended to have a long list of equipment options available for people to chose from to cover all price points that has resulted in the main stream brands over the years offering more standard features or better options to remain competitive.

Sure the European cars have always appeared to be more expensive but this is more down the the sale tax being built in the price which is around 20%, once taken into account the difference are not so great. The difference in price between my USA spec focus ST3 and a European one was around $2000 so not pocket change but in comparison to what came on a European ST3 at best I got a ST1.5

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I like Kia a lot, owned a Stinger before my Mach E. The EV6 seems promising but the looks are a tiny letdown. The front is cool but from there it goes downhill.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
EV6 First Edition should be delivering in January 2022 for reservation holders. It's a really intriguing car with next gen technology. 800v architecture means 18 minutes to 80% going 220kW+. The front motor can decouple for efficiency, it's got Augmented Reality HUD, heat pump, and supports V2L.

https://www.ev6firstedition.com/

It's a tempting package for a price between the 4X and GT.
Sponsored